January 9, 2020 - The Dept. of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA), Corporations, Securities & Commercial Licensing Bureau (CSCL) issued a Cease and Desist Order against 906 Taxi LLC in Calumet – effective January 8, 2020 – for continuing to operate as a taxicab carrier after failing to complete its registration application with LARA, as required under Michigan's Limousine, Taxicab, and Transportation Network Company Act.
To date, the company failed to submit the required certificate of liability insurance listing LARA as a certificate holder to CSCL, despite CSCL's repeated requests for it. In addition, the company continues to advertise its taxicab carrier services when it is not registered in Michigan as a taxicab carrier. A referral is also being made to the appropriate criminal law enforcement agency.
More on Michimich.com
- AutoQuotes Announces Partnership with Energy Solutions
- Dura-Pack Launches Flexible Packaging Webinar Program
- NCBW METRO New York Hosting Virtual Charter Ceremony
- Vision Centre-Ville et ID Gatineau s'associent à Macadamian afin d'offrir une application mobile aux tenanciers de bars et restaurants de Gatineau
- Atlantean Magicians and the Dead Sea Scrolls in Amy Kuivalainen's New Release THE SEA OF THE DEAD
The Limousine, Taxicab, and Transportation Network Company Act (2016 PA 345), which became effective March 21, 2017, moved the regulation of taxicab carriers from local to state jurisdiction, and moved the regulation of limousine carriers (eight or fewer passengers) from the Michigan Department of Transportation to LARA. Michigan joined more than three dozen states that have similar laws in place. Information regarding how to obtain a taxicab carrier, limousine carrier, or transportation network company registration may be found at www.mi.gov/tnc or by calling CSCL's Licensing Division at (517) 241-9221.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Xitron Navigator DFE Receives Coveted InterTech™ Technology Award
- Michigan: Detroit Reentry Center to close in January
- Michigan: M-33/M-211 resurfacing in Presque Isle County starts Sept. 28
- Michigan: Deer check and CWD/TB testing changes for 2020 hunting season
- Hip Hop Artist C.Y.B. is Slated to Release His New Album Called, "Today We Ready."
- Michigan: New Neighborhood Testing Site Begins Offering COVID-19 Testing in Benton Harbor
- Michigan: EGLE, US Ecology - Detroit South enter consent agreement to address facility odor violations
- Michigan: Dry Bean Stocks Report
- Michigan: AG Nessel Joins $678M Settlement to Resolve Kickback Allegations Against Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Michigan: Overnight closures of 14 Mile and Big Beaver roads under I-75 for bridge work tonight
- MDE Announces Virtual Job Fairs For Michigan Schools and Educators
- Michigan: US-31 improvements start Monday near Grand Haven
- Accurate Rubber Corporation is Proud to Announce ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- New Spanish-Language Media Outlet El Planteo, Backed By Benzinga, Focuses On Cannabis, Plant Medicine, Finance, Culture
- Visit Potter-Tioga State Parks Recognized as 'Most Beautiful Fall Foliage' in Pennsylvania
- PEL Labs Passes Re-Accreditation Process Through NVLAP
- Michigan: MDOT is hiring! Learn more at Oct. 6 virtual career fair
- Nous Imaging Receives 510(k) Clearance from FDA for FIRMM Software
- Evolve IP Enhances Its Microsoft Teams and Cisco Voice Direct Routing Platform
- Ideal Image Selects Intalytics to Assist with New Market Expansion