CONTACT: Bob Wheaton, 517-241-2112
LANSING, MICH. The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) Aging and Adult Services Agency has partnered with the Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity (LEO) to host a virtual job fair for Southeast Michigan employers to help address a shortage of direct care workers as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The pandemic has worsened the existing shortage and created significant staffing demands for licensed long-term care organizations throughout Michigan. Support for home health agencies is needed more than ever. The virtual job fair allows home health agencies the opportunity to highlight their organizations' mission and vision, summarize current job opportunities, post a video about their organization, and talk with job seekers in a virtual platform.
"We are excited to partner with Detroit Area Agency on Aging on this unique way for job seekers and employers to connect," said Dr. Alexis Travis, MDHHS senior deputy director at Aging and Adult Services Agency. "Michigan currently has a direct care worker shortage of 34,000 and this is one of several strategies we are pursuing to help build and support this important sector of the health care workforce."
More on Michimich.com
- Emily Doerr named Director of Michigan State Land Bank Authority
- Beauty at the Beast – The Headless Horseman Rides Again
- MarketKeep Partners with Heather Hilliard Design
- Michigan: Nessel Issues Consumer Alert on Benefits, Drawbacks of Smartphone Tracking Features
- Michigan: EVENT - MDHHS to host COVID-19 virtual roundtable with national, state and local experts
The virtual event will take place on Tuesday, Oct. 27, from 9 a.m. to noon. Home health agencies looking to hire can sign up for a "virtual booth" at no cost until Oct. 13. Job seekers can sign up for the event at bit.ly/BrazenConnectMI.
"The older adults we serve rely on home care agencies to provide services that allow them to age in place," said Ronald S. Taylor, president and chief executive officer at Detroit Area Agency on Aging. "We hope the virtual job fair will connect job seekers with a passion for supporting older adults to opportunities in the communities we serve."
Virtual Job Fair events are hosted on the Brazen platform by MDHHS and are made possible thanks to the Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity (LEO) Office of Employment, which supports virtual job fair host organizations with the technical aspects of these events and assists with promoting them to job seekers in Michigan and beyond.
Information around the COVID-19 outbreak is changing rapidly. The latest information is available at Michigan.gov/Coronavirus and CDC.gov/Coronavirus.
Latest on Michimich.com
- All of the "Favorite Brands" - Scrubs 2020
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Criterion HCM on Top Workplaces Title
- TomCat Films ignites the fireplace video category with 'My Fireplace Girl' series of DVDs and Streaming Videos
- Metropolitan Opera Singer Releases Pop Music Videos From Quarantine
- Michigan: Bureau of Services for Blind Persons presents Honor Roll Achievement Awards
- Michigan: MDE Awards Over $37 Million to Districts For Technology Gaps and Mental Health Needs in the Pandemic
- "W1SH RIBBON" Emblazons TOKYO SKYTREE'S Tembo Deck! TOKYO SKYTREE is Opening the Door to the Future So That W1SHES Can Come True!
- Pierre Gervois Awarded Prestigious George Stoney Social Impact Award for his TV show The Face of America
- Michigan: EGLE testing data shows drop in Huron River PFAS contamination after treatment installed upstream
- Michigan: Video: In wake of road worker deaths, Gov. Whitmer reminds travelers to drive like this is your workplace
- Michigan: 'Railroad Dock' boating access site to close temporarily in Menominee County
- Michigan: Maintenance project on M-55/I-75 BL near West Branch starts next week
- Michigan Indian Legal Services Halloween Party
- Flagstar Bancorp, Inc. Announces Proposed Offering of Subordinated Notes
- New Semiconductor Chip from NS Nanotech Emits Far-UVC Disinfectant Ultraviolet Light to Neutralize Coronavirus
- Launching New No Touch Tool Made from EPA Registered Alloy
- Michigan: MDHHS announces $50,000 grant for direct care worker infection control training
- Michigan: AG Lawsuit Stops Trump Administration's Cuts to SNAP Food Assistance for 700,000 Unemployed Americans
- Michigan Civil Rights Commission Recognizes Contributions of Michigan's LGBTQ Community, Reaffirms Commitment to Protection for LGBTQ Civil Rights under ELCRA
- Redemption on Yosemite's Mist Trail: The New Literary Masterpiece RANGE OF LIGHT by Scott Neuffer