- Caster Concepts and Ergonauts Performance Technologies Host Material Handling Safety Webinar
- India Fest 2024 on Jan 27, 2024 at KY Expo Center
- REA 'Peace of Mind on the Move' Study achieves Highly Commended recognition in the category Excellence in Coaching by ABP November 2023
Dayna Hottle, General Manager of C & C Heating & Air Conditioning, said that carbon monoxide exposure goes up this time of year as homeowners begin turning on heating sources.
"Many carbon monoxide poisonings occur during the winter months when we're all using furnaces, gas fireplaces and portable heaters," said Hottle. "We also have our windows closed against the cold, so it can trap the deadly gas in our homes. Thankfully, there are many easy precautions homeowners can take to avoid exposure."
More on Michimich.com
- Emory Healthcare Network and Peachtree Immediate Care continue collaboration, sign new long-term agreement
- On behalf of the At Your Service Plumbing Club Members, we have donated to The Salvation Army and Families Network Unlimited this Holiday Season
- Detroit 2030 District Launches Innovative Program to Advance Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure in Detroit
- The Bridge Chiropractic Shares Why Your Child Should Get Chiropractic Adjustments
- Wilderness Construction Shares the Benefits of New Windows
Hottle noted that CO exposure can cause nausea, dizziness, headaches, a rapid heartbeat and unconsciousness. To help prevent such occurrences from happening in homes across Detroit and beyond, Hottle suggested several tips: regular heating system maintenance; installing a battery-operated CO detector in the home; not warming up a car in a closed garage; avoiding putting generators near windows; not heating a home with a gas oven; and always venting fireplaces.
"We want everyone to be able to stay comfortable and warm as the holiday season approaches," Hottle said. "And if you suspect you have been exposed to carbon monoxide or believe it's in your home, don't take chances. Leave the house and call 911 immediately. There's never any reason to take chances."
For more information about C & C Heating & Air Conditioning and their tips for avoiding carbon monoxide exposure this winter season, visit https://candcheat.com/.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Michimich.com
- DETROIT HOLSTER Launches New Custom Triple Magazine Carrier
- Incandescent Entertainment Announces New Film, "Portal in the Pines," starring Jamie Kennedy to Begin Filming This Month in Lousiana
- Tella Firma Foundations Partners with Green Clean Solar to Increase Steel Recycling in the Renewable Energy Industry
- Feature film about President Trump's response to the pandemic and the 2020 election – streaming now
- The Society of Voice Arts and Sciences has joined with Audible for the Muhammad Ali Voice of Humanity Honor to be presented to Viola Davis
- Detroit Lions, Comerica Bank Collaboration Returns to "Double the Impact" for My Cause My Cleats Campaign
- Michigan Computer Supplies Helps Fix Pesky Printer Problems
- HIBLOW USA DUO/DUAL Port Air Pump Timer Settings
- Alpha Design + Build Transforms Ann Arbor Kitchens and Baths
- ASI Acquires Clowder®, the Leading Association and Membership Mobile App Platform
- Greg Lindberg Explores in Latest Book the Science of Quantum Biology and Its Impact on Human Life
- Muller Law Firm Explains the Importance of Documentation in Credit and Collection
- Howell-Based Lawn Care Company Shares Tips for Winter
- Alumi-Span Docks Helps You Transform Your Dock into an Outdoor Living Space
- Introducing Bushel: Revolutionizing macOS App Dev with a Groundbreaking Virtual Machine Experience
- CIMdata Announces Support for the PLM Green Global Alliance
- Essential Speech and ABA Therapy to Expand Autism Services for a Growing Community
- Empowering Voices: Houston's Black Authors Illuminate the Blockchain World with 'Chain Reaction'
- Unlocking the Magic of Miami Beach
- Introducing Scuba Diving Industry Magazine