- MSHDA Board approves grants to Habitat for Humanity of Michigan and CEDAM, supports loans for acquisition and rehabilitation of affordable rental units in rural communities - 104
- Meijer Customer Survey Reveals Kids May be in for Biggest Christmas Surprises
- Michigan: DNR recommends $5.4 million in Land and Water Conservation Fund grants to support park projects
The program connects wins on the field, with wins in the community. The Athlete's Corner and Peterson's, A&A Peterson Family Foundation will partner to deliver 1,000 meals to Detroit families in need for each touchdown the Lions score during home games in Nov. and Dec.
2,000 meals will be donated for each TD that Peterson scores.
"The Adrian and Ashley Peterson Family Foundation has been committed to making positive change in each of the communities I've played in. With The Athletes' Corner we've found a partner that shares that vision and sees the immediate need of helping the people of Detroit bring food home to their families. I'm always motivated to score touchdowns, but knowing that we are helping those in need while also helping the Lions win makes it even better." -- Adrian Peterson, Detroit Lions RB
More on Michimich.com
- Adrian Peterson Teams up With The Athletes' Corner to Provide 100,000 Meals to Families in Association With His Custom Thanksgiving Day Cleats
- ProSource Diesel,Where Repair Shops Shop for Hard-to-Find Truck Parts and Kits, Celebrates Anniversary!
- Michigan: Virtual public meeting scheduled Dec. 7 to discuss 2021 I-75 BL lane reconfiguration in St. Ignace
- Michigan: Blossomland Bridge closing in St. Joseph starting Dec. 1
- Attorney General Nessel Reaches Settlement in Progress Michigan's FOIA Lawsuit Against Former AG's Administration
"Adrian is one of the greatest running backs the game of football has ever seen, but he's just as great in the work he does off the field. As an organization committed to supporting people through sports, we are thrilled to partner with Adrian and hope he and the Lions find the endzone time after time this holiday season." -- Kelenna Azubuike, Former NBA Player & Co-Founder of The Athletes' Corner.
'All Day Holiday Meals' kicks off this Sunday, as the Detroit Lions host the Indianapolis Colts at 1 p.m. ET on CBS.
To learn more about The Athletes' Corner vs. Hunger, please visit: https://theathletescorner.org/fighting-hunger/
ABOUT THE ATHLETES' CORNER
The Athletes' Corner is a 501c3 Non-profit organization that works with professional athletes and their foundations to help those who are struggling mentally, spiritually and physically – all through the vehicle of sports. The Athletes' Corner has two primary initiatives that they focus on in order to accomplish their mission; their faith-based and family-focused media platform, and athlete foundation partnerships. Their athlete foundation partnerships are aimed to tackle things like fighting hunger and financial hardship. Visit their Website or Instagram to learn more.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Former Youth Basketball Coach Jerrell Sanders Sent to Prison for Sex Crime
- New Mom Pens Book to Inspire Daughter's Future
- Micro Kickboard Announces Scooters Made From Recycled Fishing Nets
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client CBC Federal Credit Union for Customer Service Accolades
- Genuine Vacation Is Making This Black Friday Extra Special
ABOUT THE A&A PETERSON FAMILY FOUNDATION
The A&A Peterson Family Foundation was co-founded by NFL MVP Adrian Peterson, and his wife Ashley. Their foundation believes in encouraging and empowering individuals and families to work together to make a difference in their communities. They want to help eradicate poverty by working to create and develop opportunities for underserved individuals, especially children. Visit their website or Instagram to learn more.
SOURCE The Athletes' Corner
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Michimich.com
- Zippy Shell and Subsidiary 1-800-PACK-RAT Secure Financing from The Carlyle Group & PNC Bank
- Guardhat Releases Smart Glasses Based Solutions for Front-Line Workers
- Elf Prep Academy Trains Elf Recruits to Help Santa Spread Holiday Cheer Just in Time for Christmas
- THE WANDERING PALESTINIAN by Anan Ameri: A Masterful and Riveting Memoir of Activism and Immigration
- Syxsense Announces New Support for Amazon Web Service (AWS) Linux Devices
- Florida Family & Faith International Film Festival Powered by AARP Florida Celebrates Caregivers and Families This Thanksgiving Season
- edjuster Selects CoreLogic to Deliver Modern Contents Estimating Solution to Claims Process
- Credit Card Companies' Support for Small Businesses During COVID-19 Not Enough to Drive Customer Satisfaction, J.D. Power Finds
- Medicom Health Wins 2020 Tekne Award for Rx Savings Assistant®
- Introducing BIAMI.IO Intelligent Automation as a Service Labs
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of Karol Soles, #170214
- National Survey Finds More Than 75% of Individual Investors Would Link Their Shopping Habits and Brand Loyalty to Stock Ownership, and They Desire Stock Perks
- Michigan: MDHHS issues Thanksgiving guidance for vulnerable populations
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Commends Canvassers' Certification
- Michigan: Statement from Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson on the Board of State Canvassers certification of Nov. 3 election
- How to sell paparazzi jewelry and use the paparazzi jewelry images you have on your website
- Michigan: EGLE awards nearly $10 million in COVID-19 wastewater surveillance grants and equipment
- Ford to Present at Credit Suisse Industrials and Goldman Sachs Global Automotive Conferences
- The Voice Season 12 Winner Chris Blue Releases Pulsating New Single,"Back 2 The Future"
- Braeden Lichti: Digital Health Trends in 2020