This marks the brand's first-ever restaurant in Michigan, the ninth state for the chain.
The site for the upcoming Portillo's restaurant is located on Hall Road, a popular restaurant and retail corridor in the Northern suburb of Detroit.
"We have had Portillo's fans asking us to come to Michigan for years," said Michael Osanloo, CEO of Portillo's. "We can't wait to be a part of such a great, thriving community in Sterling Heights."
Guests can expect to enjoy Portillo's signature menu items like Chicago-Style Hot Dogs, Famous Italian Beef Sandwiches, Char-Grilled Burgers and Portillo's Famous Chocolate Cake. The 7,900-square-foot restaurant is expected to open in the second half of 2021. It will feature seating for more than 180 guests, a seasonal outdoor patio with seating for more than 50 guests, and double drive-thru lanes. Once complete, the restaurant will be the first Portillo's location to feature a garage-like environment. Paying homage to the Motor City, the interior will draw décor inspiration from the automotive history of Sterling Heights and its surrounding areas.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan Mass Timber Summit - now virtual - set for fall
- Michigan: Westbound I-496 bridge over Lansing Road closed for construction starting Aug. 7
- Michigan: Adopt-a-Forest cleanup challenge passes 50-site midpoint
- Michigan: Department of Insurance and Financial Services Locates More Than $1.3 Million in Unclaimed Life Insurance and Annuity Benefits for Consumers in First Six Months of 2020
- AG Nessel, SOS Benson Warn Michiganders to Read Petitions Before Signing
"I used to have family in the Chicagoland area, and Portillo's was always one of my favorite spots to visit," said Sterling Heights Mayor Michael Taylor. "I'm beyond excited to now have one in my own backyard, and the fact that Sterling Heights was selected as Michigan's first Portillo's location is testament to the economic vibrancy of the M-59 Golden Corridor and our community as a whole. This new addition to the City's great lineup of restaurants is sure to be a hit with our residents."
Fans are invited to sign up for the chance to attend a free sneak peek training meal prior to opening at www.portillos.com/michigan. Loyal customers will also receive updates on Portillo's Sterling Heights development.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Evolve IP Delivers World's Only Omnichannel Contact Center Integrated with Microsoft Teams and Virtual Workspaces
- ArborMotion on Hot Car Safety This Summer
- Mahmood Khan hits number 1 on Billboard
- High Throughput Industrial NAS Storage Server Solution For Real-Time Data processing, Recording and Streaming
- Michigan: AG Nessel Joins Coalition Opposing Florida's Unlawful Pay-to-Vote System for Formerly Incarcerated Citizens
- Michigan: Education Equity Fund to Help Districts Address Technology Gaps and Mental Health Needs in the Pandemic
- President Trump Grants Governor Whitmer's Request to Extend Michigan National Guard Through December 31 to Assist With COVID-19
- Michigan: Repairs on eastbound I-496 ramp to northbound US-127 in Ingham County on Wednesday
- Governors of Maryland, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Ohio, and Virginia Announce Major Bipartisan Interstate Compact For Three Million Rapid Antigen Tests
- Barks in the Bottoms During These Dog Days of Summer in Kansas City's West Bottoms
- DeRonja Real Estate Welcomes Greyson Sargent
- Michigan: Kathie Klages Sentenced for Lying to Authorities in Larry Nassar Investigation
- New book gives best Rx for Covid-19!
- Michigan: MDOT virtual public meeting Aug. 13 to discuss I-94 modernization project in Detroit
- Michigan: MDHHS encourages Medicaid providers to apply for federal COVID-19 relief dollars now available
- CIMdata to Host a Free Webinar on the SAP-Siemens Partnership
- The two most experienced minds in IP Ethics merge
- AutoQuotes And UL Announce Strategic Partnership
- Michigan: Virtual public meeting scheduled to discuss 2021-2022 US-31 and M 104 bridge construction, related road and trail impacts
- Penske Automotive Group Announces $550 Million Senior Subordinated Notes Offering