- MDHHS identifies first Michigan case of new COVID-19 variant, B.1.1.7. in Washtenaw County
- Michigan: Deer Private Land Assistance Network grant application period open
- Michigan: AG Nessel's Office Files Response with SCOTUS in Last-Standing Lawsuit That Seeks to Overturn Election Results
This marks the brand's first-ever restaurant in Michigan, the ninth state for the chain.
The site for the upcoming Portillo's restaurant is located on Hall Road, a popular restaurant and retail corridor in the Northern suburb of Detroit.
"We have had Portillo's fans asking us to come to Michigan for years," said Michael Osanloo, CEO of Portillo's. "We can't wait to be a part of such a great, thriving community in Sterling Heights."
Guests can expect to enjoy Portillo's signature menu items like Chicago-Style Hot Dogs, Famous Italian Beef Sandwiches, Char-Grilled Burgers and Portillo's Famous Chocolate Cake. The 7,900-square-foot restaurant is expected to open in the second half of 2021. It will feature seating for more than 180 guests, a seasonal outdoor patio with seating for more than 50 guests, and double drive-thru lanes. Once complete, the restaurant will be the first Portillo's location to feature a garage-like environment. Paying homage to the Motor City, the interior will draw décor inspiration from the automotive history of Sterling Heights and its surrounding areas.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming virtual meetings
- More than 1 Million Michiganders Obtained 2021 Health Coverage from the Health Insurance Marketplace and the Healthy Michigan Plan
- Love & Sip Valentine Brunch with Celebrity The Comedian, Tomea, Grammy Saxophonist Jason Davis, Gospel Contemporary Duo, Only God Ministries
- Rustic Deco Launches B2B Wholesale Furniture Website
- PointsBet Online and Mobile Sports Betting To Go Live in Michigan
"I used to have family in the Chicagoland area, and Portillo's was always one of my favorite spots to visit," said Sterling Heights Mayor Michael Taylor. "I'm beyond excited to now have one in my own backyard, and the fact that Sterling Heights was selected as Michigan's first Portillo's location is testament to the economic vibrancy of the M-59 Golden Corridor and our community as a whole. This new addition to the City's great lineup of restaurants is sure to be a hit with our residents."
Fans are invited to sign up for the chance to attend a free sneak peek training meal prior to opening at www.portillos.com/michigan. Loyal customers will also receive updates on Portillo's Sterling Heights development.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Adyton Announces Mobile Performance Assurance + Intelligence Augmentation Tech
- United States Attorney Matthew Schneider to Join Honigman as Partner and Co-Leader of White Collar Defense & Investigations Practice
- West Michigan S.A.I.L. Program Launched to Prevent Veteran Suicides
- Frankenmuth's Bavarian Inn Restaurant launches "Bavarian Boxed Bundle" takeout meal service
- Dura-Pack Introduces Augmented Reality-Based Customer Support
- IOTech names Gavin Hunter as VP of global marketing
- Introducing BIAMI.IO Apps Framework
- Majority of Electric Vehicle Owners Are Intent on Purchasing Another One in the Future, J.D. Power Finds
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of Jimmy Hollowell, #137948
- Michigan: MDARD begins hemp sampling under new state plan
- Flagstar Bancorp Announces Increase in Quarterly Dividend to $0.06 per share
- Beech leaf disease added to Michigan's invasive species watch list
- Sterling Heights: GFL Holiday Schedule 2021
- Michigan: Gaming Control Board approves Lac Vieux Desert tribe for Jan. 22 online sports betting launch
- $5,000 Lifetime MYLSF Scholarship Award Application Deadline for the 2021 Michigan Youth Livestock Scholarship is May 15, 2021
- Michigan: Canton Township Man Pleads Guilty to Misdemeanor Election Law Violation
- Michigan: 2021 Black Lake sturgeon season begins Feb. 6
- City Streaming TV, a Streaming Television Inc Network Launches, bringing Community and Faith Leaders into local TV's, At No Cost
- BoatDealers.ca Surges with Record Traffic in 2020
- Michigan Civil Rights Commission Issues Statement on Day of Racial Healing