- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Announces Credit Rating Outlook Boost as State Displays Strong Financial Position, Economic Recovery
- Michigan: AG Nessel's Payroll Fraud Enforcement Unit Shares Amazon Flex Settlement
- Armstrong International Charts Roadmap to Decarbonization, Joins Renewable Thermal Collaborative
With temperatures forecast to exceed 90 degrees at times across parts of lower Michigan through the weekend, the Michigan State Police, Emergency Management and Homeland Security Division (MSP/EMHSD) is urging residents and visitors to stay protected during the heat wave.
"Higher temperatures increase the risk of suffering a heat-related injury which has the potential to be life-threatening," said Capt. Kevin Sweeney, deputy state director of Emergency Management and commander of the MSP/EMHSD. "By taking the proper precautions, you can reduce your risk of heat-related illness and be ready to help those who are most affected by severe heat."
To prevent heat illness:
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Avoid alcoholic and caffeinated drinks because they cause dehydration.
- Wear clothing that allows good air circulation.
- Limit vigorous activity.
- Try to schedule outdoor activities during the morning or evening hours to avoid the hottest part of the day.
- If outside, avoid direct sunlight by staying in the shade.
- Use air conditioning whenever possible. If you do not have air conditioning, consider finding locations with air conditioning or a cooling center. Once there, follow CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Learn to recognize the signs of heat illness. For more information visit: www.cdc.gov/disasters/extremeheat/warning.html
To learn more about preparedness and being safe during the extreme heat, go to hwww.michigan.gov/miready or follow the MSP/EMHSD on Twitter at @MichEMHS.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Gaylord man arraigned on three charges after fleeing DNR conservation officer in Otsego County
- Michigan: Former Catholic School Teacher Pleads Guilty, MI AG Clergy Abuse Team Secures Fourth Conviction
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Leads Coalition in Fight to Preserve Billions of Dollars for Schools
- Michigan: Public Integrity Investigation Involving Macomb County Prosecutor Leads to Additional Guilty Plea
- Michigan: MSHDA Board approves Qualified Allocation Plan and loan commitments for affordable housing developments
Latest on Michimich.com
- Scallop Software is now a GSA MULTIPLE SCHEDULE approved vendor. Congratulations from Brian Peterson and the Government Marketplace LLC team
- Overlooked Hurricane Katrina Mississippi Black Women Survivors Resilience and Recovery
- Two Late Model JD Norman Automotive Component Facilities to Be Auctioned by Order of the Secured Party
- Michigan: MDHHS seeking proposals for services to domestic violence victims
- Michigan: Streams and lakes statewide will benefit from 17 Fisheries Habitat Grant projects
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Celebrates Supreme Court Decision Upholding the Affordable Care Act
- Hot, dry weather pushes fire danger into 'extreme' territory for parts of Michigan
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Announces State will Open to Full Capacity on June 22
- Paul Sinacore Casting Shines Spotlight On "Friends: The Reunion" as Diversity Backlash Continues
- ACN Inc. Reaches Agreement for the Purchase of Assets of Kynect Ltd
- Is A Licensed Property Manager Required In Nevada?
- Visionz Group and HMSA Form Partnership to Help Ex-Offenders in Michigan Prepare for the Workforce
- Michigan: Council on Climate Solutions to meet June 22
- Governor Whitmer, Michigan Officials Celebrate U.S. Supreme Court Decision That Upholds the Affordable Care Act
- 7-Year Old Singer/Songwriter Kyra Pesebre Releases "I Love You, Dad" In Time For Father's Day
- The Coretec Group Enters Into Research Partnership With Eindhoven University of Technology
- The KIS Foundation, Inc. Celebrates World Sickle Cell Day "Day of Physical Fitness and Education"
- Michigan: Marijuana Regulatory Agency Announces June Business Resource Workshop, Featuring Our Cannabis
- AG Nessel Congratulates Department Staff Recognized by Women Lawyers Association of Michigan, Mid-Michigan Region
- Industry Leaders Spotlight the New Payer Regulatory and Compliance Environment at Beacon Leadership Summit