- Bridge repair will require closing eastbound I-94 from US-12 to I-75 this weekend in Detroit.
- The closure begins at 9 p.m. Friday with all lanes expected to reopen by 5 a.m. Monday.
- The closure will be shortened from US-12 to I-96 on Sunday morning.
October 24, 2019 -- Weather permitting, Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) contract crews will be repairing bridges and resurfacing sections on I-94 in Detroit. This work will require closing eastbound I-94 from US-12 (Michigan Avenue) to I-75 starting at 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25. By 5 a.m. Sunday, the closure limits will be shortened from US-12 to I-96. Eastbound I-94 will have all lanes reopened by 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 28.
During this closure, eastbound traffic will be detoured via eastbound US-12 to northbound Rosa Parks Boulevard, then northbound I-75 back to eastbound I-94. The closure is needed to safely allow crews to repair railroad overpasses and the Warren Avenue overpass above eastbound I-94.
More on Michimich.com
- Consumers Energy Foundation Provides $135,000 to Michigan Nonprofits Through COVID-19 Pandemic
- 4e Brands North America Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Hand Sanitizer Due to Potential Presence of Undeclared Methanol (Wood Alcohol)
- Jurllyshe Back To School Outfits & Clothes Ideas 2020--Jumpsuits, Matching Sets, Dress etc
- Summer Heat Sparks Heavy "Stay at Home" Consumer Demand for Screen Mesh Shade Tarps
- Hillside Terrace Sponsors This Year's Big Hearts Annual Movie Event for The Fifth Year in a Row!
Elsewhere in Detroit, both directions of I-94 will have one lane open on Saturday between Chene Street and Conner Road for ongoing work on the Concord Street and French Road overpasses. The two right lanes will be closed in both directions from 5 a.m. until noon. From 12:30 to 5 p.m., the two left lanes will be closed on eastbound and westbound I-94. The Gratiot Avenue entrance ramp to eastbound I-94 will be closed from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday.
In Macomb County, ongoing pavement repair will require the left and center lanes of eastbound I-94 to be closed from M-102 (Eight Mile Road) to 11 Mile Road. The double-lane closure is scheduled to begin at 9 p.m. Friday and end by 5 a.m. Monday. During this time, all entrance ramps to eastbound I-94 within the work zone will be closed.
West of the Detroit city limits, eastbound and westbound I-94 will be have one lane open between US-24 (Telegraph Road) and I-275 for ongoing bridge work. Currently, two lanes are open in each direction. The additional lane closure begins at 9 p.m. Friday and will end by 5 a.m. Monday. This work is weather dependent.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Allen Maintenance Corporation Can Clean Your Office to Combat COVID-19
- Meijer Opens Five Supercenters in the Midwest
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner
- CIMdata to Host a Free Webinar on the Role of Data Governance in a Digital Transformation
- Archaeology, Israel, and Relationships Featured in Olga Sushinsky's Debut Novel FINDING MYSELF
- Civilized Demons and Hell Featured in Jon David's Debut Novel THE SAVAGE PEAK
- Axiros AXESS ACS Enables UK ISP, Origin Broadband, With TR-069 Device Management Solution
- Newest Analysis from ImmersivEdge Advisors Helps Investors Make the Right Moves in the Dynamic AR & Smartglasses Industry
- Wheaton Family Law Attorney - Tania K. Harvey Launches New Website | Wheaton IL Family Lawyers
- Americart 2019 Documentary Film about Art in America's Heartland now available on Amazon Prime Video
- Seismic Shift from New York to the Palm Beaches Signals Permanent Residency, Not Seasonal Vacation Homes
- Travel + Leisure Readers Give San Miguel De Allende a Reason to Celebrate as It Ranks In World's Best Awards
- CIMdata Publishes China PLM Market Report
- NS4ed Partners with MetaMetrics to Offer Quantile Measures and Career Database for new Career-Focused Algebra and Geometry Curricula
- Thiel College and local Veterans of Foreign Wars post to research connections to Camp Reynolds and World War II
- Lantek reinforces its southern European presence by adding a new distributor, AlfaSolid, in Greece and Cyprus
- JNESHIA Unveils New Single "KINGZ"
- WJ Castle Awarded Underwater Inspection Contract from PEPCO Holdings
- MLL Offering Guidance for Mandatory Testing
- Flint Group Sues Trend Offset Printing on Multiple Counts for Outstanding Debt and Confiscation of Consigned Good