November 17, 2019
Governor Whitmer Announces Trip to Strengthen Michigan Business Ties with Israel
Gov. Whitmer will meet with government, and business, and nonprofit leaders
LANSING, Mich. -- Today Governor Gretchen Whitmer announced plans to travel to Israel from November 17th to November 23rd, 2019. The governor will travel between Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, and Bethlehem to meet with government, business, and nonprofit leaders to strengthen relationships and build business ties with startups and mobility companies to help Michigan compete for good-paying, high tech jobs.
"I'm proud to continue the decades long tradition of Michigan governors traveling to Israel to deepen our relationship," said Governor Whitmer. "Throughout this trip, I'll have the opportunity to meet with leaders who share my dedication to solidifying Michigan as a leader in mobility, technology, and startups. I look forward to a number of productive conversations on how we can strengthen our ties with our partners overseas and help attract more businesses and jobs to Michigan."
More on Michimich.com
- Consumers Energy Foundation Provides $135,000 to Michigan Nonprofits Through COVID-19 Pandemic
- 4e Brands North America Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Hand Sanitizer Due to Potential Presence of Undeclared Methanol (Wood Alcohol)
- Jurllyshe Back To School Outfits & Clothes Ideas 2020--Jumpsuits, Matching Sets, Dress etc
- Summer Heat Sparks Heavy "Stay at Home" Consumer Demand for Screen Mesh Shade Tarps
- Hillside Terrace Sponsors This Year's Big Hearts Annual Movie Event for The Fifth Year in a Row!
In Israel, Governor Whitmer will participate in the Water Technology and Environmental Control Conference and hold meetings with Israeli Minister of Energy Dr. Yuval Steinitz, the team of Start Up Nation Central, Mobileye CEO Prof. Amnon Shashua, and more. The governor will also visit GM's Advanced Technical Center, Ford Motor Company, the William Davidson Archaeological Park, and the Peres Center for Peace and Innovation.
In Bethlehem, the governor will visit the Church of the Nativity and meet with Vera Baboun, representative of the Palestinian Authority and former mayor of Bethlehem.
The governor's trip is being conducted at the invitation of the Israeli government and hosted by the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit in coordination with the MEDC.
This is Governor Whitmer's first international trip as Governor. To view her schedule for the trip, click the link below.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Allen Maintenance Corporation Can Clean Your Office to Combat COVID-19
- Meijer Opens Five Supercenters in the Midwest
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner
- CIMdata to Host a Free Webinar on the Role of Data Governance in a Digital Transformation
- Archaeology, Israel, and Relationships Featured in Olga Sushinsky's Debut Novel FINDING MYSELF
- Civilized Demons and Hell Featured in Jon David's Debut Novel THE SAVAGE PEAK
- Axiros AXESS ACS Enables UK ISP, Origin Broadband, With TR-069 Device Management Solution
- Newest Analysis from ImmersivEdge Advisors Helps Investors Make the Right Moves in the Dynamic AR & Smartglasses Industry
- Wheaton Family Law Attorney - Tania K. Harvey Launches New Website | Wheaton IL Family Lawyers
- Americart 2019 Documentary Film about Art in America's Heartland now available on Amazon Prime Video
- Seismic Shift from New York to the Palm Beaches Signals Permanent Residency, Not Seasonal Vacation Homes
- Travel + Leisure Readers Give San Miguel De Allende a Reason to Celebrate as It Ranks In World's Best Awards
- CIMdata Publishes China PLM Market Report
- NS4ed Partners with MetaMetrics to Offer Quantile Measures and Career Database for new Career-Focused Algebra and Geometry Curricula
- Thiel College and local Veterans of Foreign Wars post to research connections to Camp Reynolds and World War II
- Lantek reinforces its southern European presence by adding a new distributor, AlfaSolid, in Greece and Cyprus
- JNESHIA Unveils New Single "KINGZ"
- WJ Castle Awarded Underwater Inspection Contract from PEPCO Holdings
- MLL Offering Guidance for Mandatory Testing
- Flint Group Sues Trend Offset Printing on Multiple Counts for Outstanding Debt and Confiscation of Consigned Good