- Caster Concepts and Ergonauts Performance Technologies Host Material Handling Safety Webinar
- India Fest 2024 on Jan 27, 2024 at KY Expo Center
- REA 'Peace of Mind on the Move' Study achieves Highly Commended recognition in the category Excellence in Coaching by ABP November 2023
The program was initially launched as a pilot program in November 2019 at a handful of Meijer supercenters in Metro Detroit. After reducing in-store food waste by 10 percent, Meijer expanded the offering to all its stores in 2021. Today, 264 Meijer stores offer the program, including all the retailer's supercenters and grocery stores.
Through the Flashfood app, customers purchase food nearing its sell-by date, including meat, produce, seafood, deli, dairy and bakery products, at up to 50 percent off. Customers then pick up the food from the Flashfood zone located at the front of Meijer stores. According to Flashfood data, the most-purchased item from Meijer via Flashfood is the retailer's produce box filled with various fruits and vegetables. Other top items purchased via the app are ground beef and Atlantic salmon.
More on Michimich.com
- Emory Healthcare Network and Peachtree Immediate Care continue collaboration, sign new long-term agreement
- On behalf of the At Your Service Plumbing Club Members, we have donated to The Salvation Army and Families Network Unlimited this Holiday Season
- Detroit 2030 District Launches Innovative Program to Advance Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure in Detroit
- The Bridge Chiropractic Shares Why Your Child Should Get Chiropractic Adjustments
- Wilderness Construction Shares the Benefits of New Windows
"Food is at the core of what we do," said Erik Petrovskis, Director of Environmental Compliance and Sustainability at Meijer. "Our partnership with Flashfood has already grown beyond our expectations, but this record achievement has us looking forward to the program's future growth."
Brody Slacer, Head of Partner Growth at Flashfood said: "We've seen amazing momentum in our partnership with Meijer...Working with Meijer has given thousands of shoppers access to affordable, high-quality groceries while reducing the impact of retail food waste. A rare win-win for people and the planet."
Meijer is also investing in renewable solar energy and adding EV chargers at more stores as part of its commitment to sustainability. The retailer will also hold its second Sustainability Summit in October which will give vendors nationwide an opportunity to showcase their environmentally-focused products to Meijer merchants.
Meijer customers have achieved a major milestone by diverting 10 million pounds of potential food waste through their partnership with Flashfood app - making it the first retailer nationwide to reach this goal with Flashfood. This initiative represents one way that Meijer offers both sustainability and value to its customers while reducing landfill use for their communities - a win-win for people and planet alike!
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Michimich.com
- DETROIT HOLSTER Launches New Custom Triple Magazine Carrier
- Incandescent Entertainment Announces New Film, "Portal in the Pines," starring Jamie Kennedy to Begin Filming This Month in Lousiana
- Tella Firma Foundations Partners with Green Clean Solar to Increase Steel Recycling in the Renewable Energy Industry
- Feature film about President Trump's response to the pandemic and the 2020 election – streaming now
- The Society of Voice Arts and Sciences has joined with Audible for the Muhammad Ali Voice of Humanity Honor to be presented to Viola Davis
- Detroit Lions, Comerica Bank Collaboration Returns to "Double the Impact" for My Cause My Cleats Campaign
- Michigan Computer Supplies Helps Fix Pesky Printer Problems
- HIBLOW USA DUO/DUAL Port Air Pump Timer Settings
- Alpha Design + Build Transforms Ann Arbor Kitchens and Baths
- ASI Acquires Clowder®, the Leading Association and Membership Mobile App Platform
- Greg Lindberg Explores in Latest Book the Science of Quantum Biology and Its Impact on Human Life
- Muller Law Firm Explains the Importance of Documentation in Credit and Collection
- Howell-Based Lawn Care Company Shares Tips for Winter
- Alumi-Span Docks Helps You Transform Your Dock into an Outdoor Living Space
- Introducing Bushel: Revolutionizing macOS App Dev with a Groundbreaking Virtual Machine Experience
- CIMdata Announces Support for the PLM Green Global Alliance
- Essential Speech and ABA Therapy to Expand Autism Services for a Growing Community
- Empowering Voices: Houston's Black Authors Illuminate the Blockchain World with 'Chain Reaction'
- Unlocking the Magic of Miami Beach
- Introducing Scuba Diving Industry Magazine