M-39 (Southfield Freeway)
M-39 service drives
US-12 (Michigan Avenue)
CLOSURE START DATE:
Friday, June 26, 2020
Monday, June 29, 2020
PROJECT COMPLETION DATE:
M-39 WEEKEND CLOSURES:
Beginning 10 p.m. Friday, northbound and southbound M-39 will be closed for the weekend between Rotunda Drive and M-153 (Ford Road) for the demolition of the westbound US-12 bridge over M-39. All on and off ramps will also be closed.
Northbound M-39 will be detoured to southbound M-39, then westbound I-94 to northbound US-24 (Telegraph Road), and then eastbound M-153 back to northbound M-39.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan Mass Timber Summit - now virtual - set for fall
- Michigan: Westbound I-496 bridge over Lansing Road closed for construction starting Aug. 7
- Michigan: Adopt-a-Forest cleanup challenge passes 50-site midpoint
- Michigan: Department of Insurance and Financial Services Locates More Than $1.3 Million in Unclaimed Life Insurance and Annuity Benefits for Consumers in First Six Months of 2020
- AG Nessel, SOS Benson Warn Michiganders to Read Petitions Before Signing
Southbound M-39 will be detoured to westbound M-153, then southbound US-24 to eastbound I-94, and back to southbound M-39.
Beginning 9 a.m. Friday, the northbound and southbound M-39 service drives will be closed between Rotunda Drive and M-153 (Ford Road) through 5 a.m. Tuesday morning.
US-12 LANE SHIFTS:
Eastbound and westbound US-12 traffic is now shifted to the newly rebuilt eastbound bridge over M-39. Drivers will continue to have two lanes open in each direction. This traffic shift will allow for the rebuilding of the westbound bridge. The eastbound US-12 ramps to M-39 are now both closed.
The repair and replacement of these bridges will ensure safer routes for drivers through this normally very busy interchange.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Evolve IP Delivers World's Only Omnichannel Contact Center Integrated with Microsoft Teams and Virtual Workspaces
- ArborMotion on Hot Car Safety This Summer
- Mahmood Khan hits number 1 on Billboard
- High Throughput Industrial NAS Storage Server Solution For Real-Time Data processing, Recording and Streaming
- Michigan: AG Nessel Joins Coalition Opposing Florida's Unlawful Pay-to-Vote System for Formerly Incarcerated Citizens
- Michigan: Education Equity Fund to Help Districts Address Technology Gaps and Mental Health Needs in the Pandemic
- President Trump Grants Governor Whitmer's Request to Extend Michigan National Guard Through December 31 to Assist With COVID-19
- Michigan: Repairs on eastbound I-496 ramp to northbound US-127 in Ingham County on Wednesday
- Governors of Maryland, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Ohio, and Virginia Announce Major Bipartisan Interstate Compact For Three Million Rapid Antigen Tests
- Barks in the Bottoms During These Dog Days of Summer in Kansas City's West Bottoms
- DeRonja Real Estate Welcomes Greyson Sargent
- Michigan: Kathie Klages Sentenced for Lying to Authorities in Larry Nassar Investigation
- New book gives best Rx for Covid-19!
- Michigan: MDOT virtual public meeting Aug. 13 to discuss I-94 modernization project in Detroit
- Michigan: MDHHS encourages Medicaid providers to apply for federal COVID-19 relief dollars now available
- CIMdata to Host a Free Webinar on the SAP-Siemens Partnership
- The two most experienced minds in IP Ethics merge
- AutoQuotes And UL Announce Strategic Partnership
- Michigan: Virtual public meeting scheduled to discuss 2021-2022 US-31 and M 104 bridge construction, related road and trail impacts
- Penske Automotive Group Announces $550 Million Senior Subordinated Notes Offering