- Progress continues on segment 2 of the I-75 modernization project in Oakland County.
- Beginning at 9 a.m. Friday, Sept. 25, one lane of northbound I-75 will be closed during non-peak travel times to allow crews to remove temporary barriers.
- By early October, northbound I-75 traffic will be using the left and center lanes from 13 Mile Road to Coolidge Highway.
September 24, 2020 -- Contract crews building segment 2 of the I-75 modernization project in Oakland County will be removing temporary barrier wall on the northbound side of the freeway. This work will result in a moving lane closure, leaving one lane open in sections from 13 Mile Road to Coolidge Highway beginning at 9 a.m. and ending by 3 p.m. weekdays, and 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. By early October, it is expected that two lanes of northbound I-75 will be open via the left and center lanes throughout the limits of segment 2.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Social Worker's License Suspended for Deceptive Advertising
- Bisnar Chase Employment Attorneys Victorious in California Appellate Court
- Intern Pursuit Platform Launches Their New Game!
- An Original Radio Play Mystery Comedy "The Case of the Missing Parents"
- NFL MVP Adrian Peterson teams up with The Athletes' Corner to Launch 'All Day Holiday Meals'
The first moving lane closure will begin at 9 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 25, to allow crews to safely replace the temporary concrete barrier with barrels that will remain in place this fall during work to open all lanes and ramps. Access to northbound I-75 entrance and exit ramps will be maintained once the lanes are shifted.
Both directions of I-75 will have two lanes open between 8 Mile and Adams roads until late November.
Follow I-75 modernization progress on the web at www.Modernize75.com, or follow on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Modernize75 or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/Modernize75.
More on Michimich.com
- Bizarre Releases His Debut Single, Grimmey Niggaz
- Fine Art, Jewelry & Decorative Arts at Auction this Autumn at Shapiro Auctions
- Michigan: EGLE to update community on Otsego area PFAS investigation
- Michigan: Northville Downs to run 54 live horse racing days in 2021 per Gaming Control Board order
- 2.6 million Michiganders have voted
Latest on Michimich.com
- Near-Death Experience Researcher Seeks Respondents for Online Survey as Part of New Study and Book
- Michigan: MDARD awards $6.5 million to conservation districts for soil, water, wildlife protection
- Michigan: DNR closes road temporarily in Dickinson County
- Michigan: LARA Director Signs New Indigent Defense Minimum Standard, Protects the Fundamental Constitutional Right to Counsel
- Michigan: MDHHS Extends Emergency Orders in Continued Effort to Contain Spread of COVID-19
- Michigan: Public comment period opens on Revere Dock's air permit application
- Michigan: MPSC approves Consumers Energy's power supply cost recovery reconciliation but rejects costs related to plant outages
- Michigan: 2021 Health Insurance Marketplace Rates Now Available to Preview; Open Enrollment Begins Nov. 1
- Horizon Global Announces Date for Third Quarter 2020 Results Conference Call
- ILoveLeasing.com® Spherexx CRM Gains Twenty-Four Companies in 2020
- Ace Comic Con Announces Limited Edition Exclusives Of The Boys #1 Comics From Dynamite Entertainment
- Want to Buy Website Traffic? Here's What You Should Know
- Richmond, VA-Based Digital Forensic Firm Launches Remote Mobile Forensic Data Acquisition
- MPSC's Winter Energy Outlook: Overall energy demand expected to remain lower in Michigan amid COVID-19 pandemic while fuel usage for home heating increases
- Michigan: AG Nessel Charges Local Leader of White Supremacist Group The Base
- Michigan: UIA Update: Claim Dashboard Launched to Increase Transparency
- CEO Coaching International Sees Record Attendance at Make Big Happen® Connections Virtual Forum
- Great Grandma Invents a New Concept in Bridges
- Innovative Building MaskTM Brings Cleaner Air to Schools, Child Daycare and Early Learning Centers
- Humorous and Heartfelt: SHELTER by R.A. Conroy Is a Coming-of-age Novel of Rescue and Hope