- Michigan Among Regional, National Leaders in New HealthCare.gov Signups During Current Special Enrollment Period
- Michigan: MSHDA rolls out online application tool for COVID Emergency Rental Assistance
- Director of the Michigan Department of Civil Rights on the Passing of Elbert Hatchett
- The I-75 modernization resumes Friday with a weekend closure for bridge demolition.
- I-75 will be closed between I-696 and M-102 (8 Mile Road) until Monday, March 1.
- Eastbound and westbound I-696 ramps to southbound I-75 will remain closed until mid-November.
February 24, 2021 -- Weather permitting, the rebuilding of I-75 in Oakland County resumes on Friday, Feb. 26, with a freeway closure for bridge demolition.
Beginning at 11 p.m. on Friday, both directions of I-75 will be closed between 8 Mile Road and I-696. This closure is needed to allow crews to safely demolish the Shevlin Avenue vehicular and Highland Avenue pedestrian bridges over the freeway in the city of Hazel Park. I-75 will reopen to traffic by 5 a.m. Monday, March 1, with two lanes open in each direction from just south of 8 Mile Road to just north of 13 Mile Road.
Prior to the freeway closure, crews will begin closing ramps at 9 p.m. and start freeway lane closures at 10 p.m. All ramps to northbound I-75 will be closed from Davison Freeway to 9 Mile Road. All ramps to southbound I-75 will be closed from 14 Mile to 9 Mile roads.
More on Michimich.com
- PocketSuite Partners With ShearShare to Help Stylists Boost Business
- The Anderson Group Real Estate Services' New Concierge Program Aims To Help Nashville-area Homeowners Sell For Top Dollar
- Public asked to help guide Michigan's goal of carbon neutrality by 2050
- Michigan: Lane closures on US-31 bascule bridge in Manistee next two weeks for exploratory soil borings
- Michigan: DNR's Eastern UP Citizens' Advisory Council to meet in virtual session
During the closure, northbound I-75 traffic will be detoured west on 8 Mile Road to northbound M-1 (Woodward Avenue), then eastbound I-696 back to northbound I-75. Southbound I-75 traffic will use westbound I-696 to southbound M-1, then eastbound 8 Mile Road back to southbound I-75. In addition to the freeway closure, I-75 will have one lane open in each direction between I-696 and 14 Mile Road over the weekend.
Beginning Monday, March 1, the following ramp closures will be in place until the end of the 2021 construction season.
- The Eastbound and westbound I-696 ramps to southbound I-75,
- All entrance and exit ramps along southbound I-75 from south of I-696 to 8 Mile Road.
In addition, southbound I-75 traffic will be shifted onto the northbound lanes in the vicinity of 13 Mile Road. The shift will allow crews to rebuild the southbound I-75 bridge over 13 Mile Road this construction season.
Follow I-75 modernization progress on the web at www.Modernize75.com, or follow on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Modernize75 or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/Modernize75.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Stellantis Introduces New Mopar '21 Ram 1500 Special Edition in North America
- West Coast Customs icon launches "CarCoin" NFT, giving away an original WCC designed vehicle to celebrate
- Michigan: Maintenance on northbound I-69 off ramp to Cochran Road in Eaton County starts April 19
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of Anthony Tolbert, #182928
- Michigan: Help prevent the spread of oak wilt: Avoid pruning or wounding oak trees between April 15 and July 15
- Michigan: Notice of Issuance of One or More Series of Up To $700 Million Limited Obligation Revenue Bonds (Federally Taxable) in June 2021
- Michigan: AG Nessel Prevails in Tethers for Wolverine Watchmen
- PEI Selected Three-Time Top Microsoft Gold Partner in the U.S
- New Book "Educating Marston" Provides Hope for Anyone Struggling to Find Answers Raising a Child with Autism
- ArborMotion Updates Their Website
- The Miguel Wilson Collection celebrates the grand opening of its New York City location
- Mary Free Bed Dishes Up New Dining Services for Patients
- 2021 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Earns Good Housekeeping Best Hybrid Minivan Honors
- Michigan: Unemployment Extended Benefits program ends April 17
- Michigan: AG Nessel Files Embezzlement Charges Against Former EGLE Employee
- Michigan: Work on Burns Street overpass replacement requires closing a lane on westbound I-94 in Detroit
- Terri Ross, Renowned Practice Consultant, Joins Dozens of Industry Thought Leaders to Speak at the ISAPS Business School Program
- Sterling Watson's Deadly Sweet Released
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Partners with Responsibility.org to Prevent Underage Drinking During Alcohol Responsibility Month
- Michigan: M-53 closed Friday night, April 16, for culvert replacement at Stiles Road in Lapeer County