- The I-75 modernization resumes Friday with a weekend closure for bridge demolition and prep work for a future traffic shift.
- Northbound I-75 will be closed from 8 Mile to Square Lake roads; southbound lanes will be closed from I-696 to 8 Mile Road.
- Continuous lane closures in each direction begin Monday, March 2.
February 25, 2020 -- Weather permitting, the reconstruction of I-75 in Oakland County resumes on Friday, Feb. 28, with a freeway closure for bridge demolition and prep work for an upcoming traffic shift.
Beginning at 11 p.m. on Friday, northbound I-75 will be closed from 8 Mile to Square Lake roads, and southbound I-75 will be closed from I-696 to 8 Mile Road. The full closure is needed to demolish the Meyers Road, Woodward Heights Boulevard, John R. Road turnaround, and Harry Avenue bridges over the freeway in the city of Hazel Park, and to prep for an upcoming traffic shift from 13 Mile Road to Coolidge Highway. Both directions of I-75 will reopen to traffic by 5 a.m. Monday, March 2.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: MPSC urges homeowners and contractors to postpone nonessential excavation, make free call to 811 before digging
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Comments on UP Energy Task Force Report on Propane, Urges Prompt Planning to Prepare for Shutdown of Enbridge Line 5
- Refereum, DLive, Tron, and Bittorrent Team Together to Reward Users for Social Distancing During COVID-19
- Michigan: Detroit casinos' quarterly, March aggregate revenues fall as COVID-19 halts gaming
- Healthcare Coverage Available to Michiganders who Lose Job or Experience a Drop in Income
Prior to the freeway closure, crews will begin closing the left lane on southbound I-75 and entrance ramps at 9 p.m. and start freeway lane closures at 10 p.m.
During the closure, northbound I-75 traffic will be detoured west on 8 Mile Road to northbound M-1 (Woodward Avenue), then eastbound Square Lake Road back to northbound I-75. Southbound I-75 traffic will use westbound I-696 to southbound M-1, then eastbound 8 Mile Road back to southbound I-75. In addition to the full closure, the left lane of southbound I-75 will be closed from Coolidge Highway to 13 Mile Road over the weekend.
Beginning at 5 a.m. Monday, March 2, both directions of I-75 will have two lanes open between 8 Mile and Coolidge Highway until the end of the 2020 construction season.
Follow I-75 modernization progress on the web at www.Modernize75.com, or follow on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Modernize75 or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/Modernize75.
Latest on Michimich.com
- NOKR Urges Preparedness During COVID-19 Global Emergency
- City of Sterling Heights issues instructions for public participation in video conference of April 7
- Datavalet Helps Teams Work Remotely During Covid-19 Crisis
- Kellogg Company Sets Date for 2020 First Quarter Results Conference Call / Webcast
- Cochrane Tech Services Expands Virtual Training Program to Support Building Automation Professionals
- Sterling Heights: TDIC and Henry Ford Health System team up to combat COVID-19
- BizStream Achieves Kentico Quality Expert Certification
- Toth Team Worldwide Network Welcomes Ann Arbor Area Real Estate Expert Buyers' Agent Lauren Kartje
- COVID-19 Deep Cleaning Services for Metro Detroit Business Districts
- PINC's Matt Yearling named Rock Star of the Supply Chain by Food Logistics magazine
- Castellex Adds Positive Air Pressure Feature to their Air Filtration Systems for Battling Coronavirus
- The Sports Circus Rockets into Greater Houston
- Alpha Energy Management Wins SunPower 2019 Commercial National Rising Star Award
- Autonomous Inc. Steps Up to Help Local Hospitals Fight COVID-19
- Meijer Announces New Efforts to Keep Customers and Team Members Safe
- Seniors can get meals safely in Michigan during COVID-19 outbreak; State wants to increase public awareness of meals program
- Michigan: MDARD to offer private pesticide applicators an alternate option to take certification exams
- Michigan: AG Recognizes Big Box Retailer for Efforts to Slow Spread of COVID-19
- Michigan: AG's Office, Kalamazoo County Prosecutor Send Cease and Desist Letter to Car Wash Violating Executive Order
- MC Residential Communities Ranks 13th Best Company To Work Multifamily® For Women In The Nation