MDHHS is working with the state's regional Pre-Paid Inpatient Health Plans (PIHPS) on stability plans for providers of Medicaid-funded behavioral health and developmental disability services. Consistent with their contractual responsibilities, the department will work together with plans to ensure that service providers remain viable.
"As we work to protect the physical health of Michiganders from the threat of COVID-19, we must also address the mental health needs that this pandemic has exacerbated," said MDHHS Director Robert Gordon. "We are committed to working with our partners to maintain a network of providers who can address these behavioral health needs."
More on Michimich.com
- Consumers Energy Foundation Provides $135,000 to Michigan Nonprofits Through COVID-19 Pandemic
- 4e Brands North America Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Hand Sanitizer Due to Potential Presence of Undeclared Methanol (Wood Alcohol)
- Jurllyshe Back To School Outfits & Clothes Ideas 2020--Jumpsuits, Matching Sets, Dress etc
- Summer Heat Sparks Heavy "Stay at Home" Consumer Demand for Screen Mesh Shade Tarps
- Hillside Terrace Sponsors This Year's Big Hearts Annual Movie Event for The Fifth Year in a Row!
PIHPs, which are the regional managed-care entities that administer Medicaid behavioral health services through community mental health agencies, are expected to take all necessary steps to make sure their service delivery network remains viable and can provide adequate access to all covered behavioral health services. Nearly 280,000 Medicaid beneficiaries in Michigan receive behavioral health or developmental disability services through PIHP providers.
MDHHS is requiring that each of the state's 10 PIHPs submit a Provider Network Stability Plan that outlines the steps being taken to support its network of providers. Stability plans are due June 4. As part of their stability plans, MDHHS will allow PIHPs to engage in alternative contracting approaches to ensure stability of the provider network.
Information around the COVID-19 outbreak is changing rapidly. The latest information is available at Michigan.gov/Coronavirus and CDC.gov/Coronavirus.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Allen Maintenance Corporation Can Clean Your Office to Combat COVID-19
- Meijer Opens Five Supercenters in the Midwest
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner
- CIMdata to Host a Free Webinar on the Role of Data Governance in a Digital Transformation
- Archaeology, Israel, and Relationships Featured in Olga Sushinsky's Debut Novel FINDING MYSELF
- Civilized Demons and Hell Featured in Jon David's Debut Novel THE SAVAGE PEAK
- Axiros AXESS ACS Enables UK ISP, Origin Broadband, With TR-069 Device Management Solution
- Newest Analysis from ImmersivEdge Advisors Helps Investors Make the Right Moves in the Dynamic AR & Smartglasses Industry
- Wheaton Family Law Attorney - Tania K. Harvey Launches New Website | Wheaton IL Family Lawyers
- Americart 2019 Documentary Film about Art in America's Heartland now available on Amazon Prime Video
- Seismic Shift from New York to the Palm Beaches Signals Permanent Residency, Not Seasonal Vacation Homes
- Travel + Leisure Readers Give San Miguel De Allende a Reason to Celebrate as It Ranks In World's Best Awards
- CIMdata Publishes China PLM Market Report
- NS4ed Partners with MetaMetrics to Offer Quantile Measures and Career Database for new Career-Focused Algebra and Geometry Curricula
- Thiel College and local Veterans of Foreign Wars post to research connections to Camp Reynolds and World War II
- Lantek reinforces its southern European presence by adding a new distributor, AlfaSolid, in Greece and Cyprus
- JNESHIA Unveils New Single "KINGZ"
- WJ Castle Awarded Underwater Inspection Contract from PEPCO Holdings
- MLL Offering Guidance for Mandatory Testing
- Flint Group Sues Trend Offset Printing on Multiple Counts for Outstanding Debt and Confiscation of Consigned Good