- Governor Whitmer Encourages Michiganders to Obtain Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests, Saving Families Hundreds Per Month
- Michigan: Governor Whitmer Statement on Nomination of Lisa Cook
- Michigan: Menominee Township Man Sentenced in U.P. Assault with Intent to do Great Bodily Harm Case
Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson visited the Jackson office today and found Michiganders receiving immediate service, demonstrating the significant progress made since she took office. In December 2018 the average wait time in Jackson was nearly an hour.
"Now, most Michiganders take advantage of our online services and conduct their business with us from home or at a self-service station at a local grocery store," said Benson. "The people who do come to our offices find our service is more efficient than ever, getting them in and out in an average of 20 minutes or less."
Benson's administration has doubled the number of services available online and installed more than 150 new self-service stations statewide with expanded options statewide, many of which are at Kroger, Meijer and other grocery stores. Now 60 percent of all transactions are conducted outside of Secretary of State offices, making it easy for those who need an office visit to schedule one and be in and out quickly.
More on Michimich.com
- President and CEO of Huizenga Group, Steve Klotz, gifts $1 million to Eastern Michigan University College of Business
- OGLife Multiverse Embraces a Staple of Internet Culture in its Partnership with YouMeme as the Metaverse of Memes
- AttaBox's Heartland® Polycarbonate Enclosures Now Feature Reliable Foam-In-Place Gaskets
- How Keona The Founder Of The Feminine School Is Branding Female Personalities With Etiquettes Coaching Across the Globe for Over A Decade
- Cpics - A New Streaming Platform Dedicated to South Asian Content Announce Upcoming 2022 Activities
Residents can access Secretary of State online services at Michigan.gov/SOS. They can schedule an office visit at the same site or by calling 888-SOS-MICH.
# # #
For media questions, contact
Tracy Wimmer at 517-281-1876.
We welcome questions and comments at the Contact the Secretary of State page.
Customers may call the Department of State Information Center to
speak to a customer-service representative at 888-SOS-MICH (767-6424).
Latest on Michimich.com
- Star-Studded Fundraising Event To Celebrate Harry Belafonte's 95th Birthday & 10th Anniversary of Sankofa.org
- Upcoming Family Office Executive Education Program at the University of Denver
- Heartland Closes out a Historic Year with its 24th Acquisition
- TrueDialog Awarded "Most Promising Salesforce Solution Provider 2021" by CIOReview
- Legal Consultation App Lawmato Hires First General Counsel and Director of Operations
- Diversified Roofing Solutions Brings to Town Quick and Efficient Roof Installation and Repair Services
- New electric vehicles launching at Work Truck Week 2022
- New AxiaGram Mobile Communication App by HiMS Provides Health Care Professionals Ability to Transform Where, When and How Patient Care is Delivered
- Free Webinar on Minimum Model-Based Design for Type Design Certification
- SpartanNash Welcomes Bennett Morgan as SVP, Chief Merchandising Officer
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation celebrates sixth annual National Day of Racial Healing
- PhaseZero Offers CxAnalytics and Data-as-a-Service Solution with Roadmap to Deliver Enterprise AI Applications for Manufacturing Companies
- SecurCapital Corp announces major Q1 portfolio expansion
- O2 Investment Partners Announces Promotions
- Window acquires Fintech Drift to provide differentiated insights into the future of finance and ESG
- Quavo, Inc. Announces Completion of SOC 2 Type II Certification
- Top InsurTech Startup Pendella Expands Into PEO Market With Employ Source
- Turkey VPS with KVM Hypervisor Windows or Linux Cloud Hosting Solution by Onlive Server
- HIBLOW USA Helps Homeowners Troubleshoot Their Septic Air Pump with Alarm
- Michigan-based Aluminum Dock Manufacturer Provides Off-Season Maintenance Tips