- Michigan Among Regional, National Leaders in New HealthCare.gov Signups During Current Special Enrollment Period
- Michigan: MSHDA rolls out online application tool for COVID Emergency Rental Assistance
- Director of the Michigan Department of Civil Rights on the Passing of Elbert Hatchett
- MDOT is replacing the Burns Street overpass above I-94.
- Demolition work requires closing I-94 between I-75 and Conner Avenue starting Friday night.
- All lanes on I-94 are expected to reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, March 1.
February 24, 2021 – Weather permitting, Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) contract crews will be demolishing the Burns Street overpass above I-94 in Detroit this weekend. This work will require closing both directions of I-94 between I-75 and Conner Avenue starting at 9 p.m. Friday, Feb. 26. All lanes of I-94 are expected to reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, March 1.
During this closure, westbound I-94 traffic will be detoured via westbound M-102 (Eight Mile Road), southbound M-3 (Gratiot Avenue), the westbound Gratiot Connector, and northbound I-75 back to westbound I-94.
More on Michimich.com
- PocketSuite Partners With ShearShare to Help Stylists Boost Business
- The Anderson Group Real Estate Services' New Concierge Program Aims To Help Nashville-area Homeowners Sell For Top Dollar
- Public asked to help guide Michigan's goal of carbon neutrality by 2050
- Michigan: Lane closures on US-31 bascule bridge in Manistee next two weeks for exploratory soil borings
- Michigan: DNR's Eastern UP Citizens' Advisory Council to meet in virtual session
One lane of westbound I-94 will be open for local traffic up to Conner Avenue. All entrance ramps to westbound I-94 will be closed beginning at 7 p.m. from Chalmers to Chene streets and will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday.
Eastbound I-94 traffic will be detoured via southbound I-75, the eastbound Gratiot Connector, northbound M-3, and eastbound M-102 back to eastbound I-94. All entrance ramps to eastbound I-94 will be closed starting at 7 p.m. from I-96 to Gratiot Avenue and will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday.
Beginning Monday, March 1, the Van Dyke Avenue entrance ramps to eastbound and westbound I-94 will remain closed during the rebuilding of the Burns Street overpass. The new Burns Street bridge will replace the current structure built in 1954.
Follow the I-94 modernization project on the web at https://I94Detroit.org or follow on Facebook at www.facebook.com/I94Detroit or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/I94Detroit.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Stellantis Introduces New Mopar '21 Ram 1500 Special Edition in North America
- West Coast Customs icon launches "CarCoin" NFT, giving away an original WCC designed vehicle to celebrate
- Michigan: Maintenance on northbound I-69 off ramp to Cochran Road in Eaton County starts April 19
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of Anthony Tolbert, #182928
- Michigan: Help prevent the spread of oak wilt: Avoid pruning or wounding oak trees between April 15 and July 15
- Michigan: Notice of Issuance of One or More Series of Up To $700 Million Limited Obligation Revenue Bonds (Federally Taxable) in June 2021
- Michigan: AG Nessel Prevails in Tethers for Wolverine Watchmen
- PEI Selected Three-Time Top Microsoft Gold Partner in the U.S
- New Book "Educating Marston" Provides Hope for Anyone Struggling to Find Answers Raising a Child with Autism
- ArborMotion Updates Their Website
- The Miguel Wilson Collection celebrates the grand opening of its New York City location
- Mary Free Bed Dishes Up New Dining Services for Patients
- 2021 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Earns Good Housekeeping Best Hybrid Minivan Honors
- Michigan: Unemployment Extended Benefits program ends April 17
- Michigan: AG Nessel Files Embezzlement Charges Against Former EGLE Employee
- Michigan: Work on Burns Street overpass replacement requires closing a lane on westbound I-94 in Detroit
- Terri Ross, Renowned Practice Consultant, Joins Dozens of Industry Thought Leaders to Speak at the ISAPS Business School Program
- Sterling Watson's Deadly Sweet Released
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Partners with Responsibility.org to Prevent Underage Drinking During Alcohol Responsibility Month
- Michigan: M-53 closed Friday night, April 16, for culvert replacement at Stiles Road in Lapeer County