Dec. 6, 2019
Benton Harbor community members are encouraged to save the date and plan to attend upcoming community outreach meetings hosted by the Benton Harbor Community Engagement Advisory Committee.
"The Community Engagement Advisory Committee is about finding comprehensive community solutions to the academic and financial issues facing Benton Harbor Area Schools," said Deputy State Treasurer Joyce Parker, committee chairperson. "I encourage all Benton Harbor area residents to attend an upcoming meeting session so we can gather input from community members. We want to hear from you."
The Community Engagement Advisory Committee outreach meetings are scheduled as listed below. Light refreshments will be provided.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Criticizes Proposal That Would Allow Predatory Lenders to Take Advantage of Consumers
- Michigan: Silver Lake Basin boating access site change proposed in Marquette County
- SAE J1939 to RS232 & USB Gateway With 9-Pin Deutsch Connection Cable
- Sterling Heights: Renovations
- AAFD Welcomes The Independent Association of BurgerIM Franchisees
- Tuesday, Dec. 10 at Noon - Benton Harbor Public Library, 213 E. Wall St. Tuesday, Dec. 10 at 5 p.m. - Benton Harbor Public Library, 213 E. Wall St. Tuesday, Dec. 17 at Noon - Benton Harbor Public Library, 213 E. Wall St. Tuesday, Dec. 17 at 5 p.m. - Benton Harbor Public Library, 213 E. Wall St.
Additional outreach meetings will be announced in the future.
Under the Memorandum of Understanding agreed to by the Benton Harbor school board, Michigan Department of Education and Michigan Department of Treasury, residents can expect the committee to engage with community members and review enrollment, academic programs, capital needs and other issues as members work openly and transparently.
The committee will provide an assessment of the school district in 90 days and an operating plan with recommendations toward creating a viable K through 12 education system in six months.
Latest on Michimich.com
- 360 Show Time Launches Free Channels on RokuTV
- Michigan: Public meeting Feb. 4 to discuss I-496 reconstruction in Lansing
- Lightstone Solutions Announces 2020-2021 On-Site Tribal Gaming Commission Training Series
- Megha Dontha Narrates Audiobook Version of Best-Selling Startup Book 'The 60 Minute Startup'
- Michigan: Initial test results indicate no drinking water contamination, no southward migration of Electro-Plating contamination
- Michigan: MDHHS investigating possible cases of Novel Coronavirus 2019
- Michigan: Treasury: Business Taxpayers Have Easier Option for Filing Sales, Use and Withholding Tax Annual Returns
- BTI Completes OSHA 10 Training
- IAOP and The Rockefeller Foundation Announce Winners of 2020 Global Impact Sourcing Award
- Michigan: From Students to Stewards Initiative to promote water stewardship, education
- Michigan: AASA releases FY 2019 annual report
- Michigan: Pelosi, Schumer Announce Governor Gretchen Whitmer, Congresswoman Veronica Escobar to Deliver Democratic Response to President Trump's State of The Union
- Michigan AG Nessel Announces Lawsuit Over New Trump Administration Effort to Allow Release of 3D-Printed Guns
- Michigan: MRA Releases Bulletin Detailing Requirements for Temporary Marijuana Events
- Michigan: Former Jackson Investment Adviser Ordered to Pay Full Restitution to Elderly Victims' Family
- Daniel Imperato CEO of Octobotic Inc. Taps Vinod Sujan Fmr. Oracle Exec. & Aarzoo founder
- IAOP and HCL Announce Winners of the Red Ladder Women in Outsourcing Awards
- MiraMed Shares 2019 Circle of Warmth Success
- Axiros Solution Enables Electronic Frontier UK to Manage Multiple Client Devices and CPE in the Telco/ISP Market
- Air Duct Cleaning NJ - Why Should I Clean my Home Air Ducts?