September 11, 2019 – The Dept. of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) served an order summarily suspending the registered nurse license of Rana Holman for several possible violations including attempting to obtain or possess a controlled substance or drug without lawful authority.
"LARA strives to protect patients from health care professionals who violate the law," said LARA Director Orlene Hawks. "The license of this health professional was suspended to safeguard the public."
LARA's administrative complaint against Holman alleges:
More on Michimich.com
- MI Symptoms Web Application Helps Michiganders Track Symptoms; Informs Reopening Strategy
- Michigan regional jobless rates surge in April with COVID-19 pandemic
- Michigan: Lawmakers Sponsor Upcoming Auto Insurance Town Halls
- STARK Industries, LLC Awarded NASA JPL - VITAL Ventilator Manufacturing License to Combat the Global COVID-19 Crisis
- Proposed 2020-21 Sterling Heights Budget Funds Critical Needs with No Tax Increase
- Holman diverted pre-filled syringes of hydromorphone and confessed to replacing the stolen hydromorphone syringes with syringes filled with ketorolac. She entered the facility's medication room on days she was not scheduled to work and accessed the narcotics cabinet. On one occasion, facility staff observed surveillance footage of Holman placing a pre-filled hydromorphone syringe in her purse. Facility staff inventoried its supply of pre-filled hydromorphone syringes and found that 23 syringes appeared to have been tampered with. 16 patients received medication from the stock of syringes that she had stolen from. These patients complained of uncontrollable pain associated with their procedures.
The Michigan Public Health Code provides for summary suspension of licenses when the public health, safety, or welfare requires emergency action.
An order of summary suspension is a temporary measure to protect the public and not a final determination that a licensee has violated the Public Health Code.
LARA encourages all concerned residents, patients, parents and peers to file complaints against licensed health professionals who may allegedly be risking public health, safety or welfare.
For more information on filing a complaint with the department, visit Michigan.gov/BPL or review the Citizen's Guide to Filing a Complaint.
More on Michimich.com
- Evolve IP Offers Rapid Deployment of Desktop as a Service to Ingram Micro Partners
- Michigan: AG Nessel Supports Legislative Effort to Re-engage Economy Safely
- Michigan: MDARD Director Statement Regarding $22.5 Million Rural Broadband Investment from USDA
- Michigan: Transport of generator components set for June on US-41, US-2, M-183 in U.P.
- Michigan Psychological Care Offering Telemedicine
Latest on Michimich.com
- Launching OneQuantum LLC the Quantum Tech startup community
- OrPro Therapeutics Advances a New Inhalation Treatment Approach for COVID-19
- Michigan: M-40 resurfacing begins Monday at the Van Buren/Allegan county line
- Health Insurance Enrollment Deadlines Approaching for Michiganders who Lost Job or Experienced a Drop in Income
- Michigan: Secretary of State branch offices to reopen June 1 by appointment only
- During May, MDHHS raises awareness about continued need for foster families in Michigan; Special precautions taken during COVID-19 pandemic
- Michigan: Dickman Road resurfacing starts Monday in Battle Creek
- Michigan: MDARD Offering Tips for Mosquito Control
- Michigan: M-68 resurfacing in Cheboygan and Presque Isle counties to resume June 1
- NSG Allows Your Business to Outsource its IT Needs
- AdviCoach SE Michigan: Surviving and Thriving in COVID-19
- Sterling Heights: Closure Extended to June 12
- Omy de Oro 'The King of Punchlines' signs with Caroline, becomes first Puerto Rican artist to release a solo dembow track 'Cash'
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel and 38 other AGs Urge Congress to Fund Expanded Access to Internet
- Michigan: DNR to host virtual meeting June 11 for Pontiac Lake State Recreation Area management planning
- NS4ed Customizes District Market Needs for Nebraska Schools
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Fintech Startup Client Airfox on Acquisition by Retail Giant
- TSRL, Inc. awarded $3M NIH grant to continue development of microneedle patch for treatment of influenza
- A gritty, bold series featuring angels, past lives and reincarnation: SON OF SECRETS by NJ Simmonds
- Michigan: ORV trail section to close temporarily in Keweenaw County