September 11, 2019 – The Dept. of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) served an order summarily suspending the registered nurse license of Rana Holman for several possible violations including attempting to obtain or possess a controlled substance or drug without lawful authority.
"LARA strives to protect patients from health care professionals who violate the law," said LARA Director Orlene Hawks. "The license of this health professional was suspended to safeguard the public."
LARA's administrative complaint against Holman alleges:
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Employers, partners recognized for investing in persons with disabilities
- Eastern Market Staple Gets a New Location - Discount Candles & Blessings
- RedLine Athletics Announces the Grand Opening for its Arlington Cooper, Texas Location
- Michigan: Hazel Park Man Sentenced for Production and Distribution of Child Porn
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Lowers Flags to Honor Congressman Elijah Cummings
- Holman diverted pre-filled syringes of hydromorphone and confessed to replacing the stolen hydromorphone syringes with syringes filled with ketorolac. She entered the facility's medication room on days she was not scheduled to work and accessed the narcotics cabinet. On one occasion, facility staff observed surveillance footage of Holman placing a pre-filled hydromorphone syringe in her purse. Facility staff inventoried its supply of pre-filled hydromorphone syringes and found that 23 syringes appeared to have been tampered with. 16 patients received medication from the stock of syringes that she had stolen from. These patients complained of uncontrollable pain associated with their procedures.
The Michigan Public Health Code provides for summary suspension of licenses when the public health, safety, or welfare requires emergency action.
An order of summary suspension is a temporary measure to protect the public and not a final determination that a licensee has violated the Public Health Code.
LARA encourages all concerned residents, patients, parents and peers to file complaints against licensed health professionals who may allegedly be risking public health, safety or welfare.
For more information on filing a complaint with the department, visit Michigan.gov/BPL or review the Citizen's Guide to Filing a Complaint.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Left-turn signal changes at US-24 (Dixie Highway)/White Lake Road intersection in Oakland County
- Evolve IP Named for Third Consecutive Year To Gartner's 2019 Magic Quadrant for Contact Center as a Service, North America
- Southeast Michigan Real Estate Broker Company Suspended
- Lucd Partners with AI Satellitez to improve customer experience for model creation in the Enterprise
- SFA Therapeutics, Inc. To Present At Bio Investors Forum
Latest on Michimich.com
- Lucd.ai Named "Cool Vendor" by Gartner
- The FMD Group Appoints New President - Mike Waters Joins The FMD Group
- k-Space Starts Construction of Second Manufacturing Facility
- Lantek to present six educational sessions at FABTECH 2019
- MuirWoods Memory Care, Petaluma's Comeback Kid
- Hillside Terrace Senior Living in Ann Arbor Celebrates 50th Anniversary!
- Michigan: Public meeting next Wednesday for 2020 I-196 project in Grand Rapids
- Michigan: I-96/M-39 interchange project update: M-39 ramps closing Friday; I-96 ramps closing Oct. 25
- Fitt Adds New Funding, Strategic Investor in MINDBODY
- Michigan: EGLE signs agreement for final step in cleaning contaminated sediment site in Muskegon Lake
- Recreation Passport - The Choice Is Clear
- Tidewater area restaurant The Dirty Buffalo announces Grand Opening for Virginia Beach location
- Headstorm Extends Senior Leadership Team and Opens Pittsburgh Office
- dealcloser partners with Michigan State University College of Law
- Michigan: State Police: Safely Dispose of Unwanted Meds; All 30 MSP Posts to Serve as Medication Disposal Sites
- Michigan: Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, chief medical executive and chief deputy for health for MDHHS, statement on Court of Claims injunction on emergency vaping rules
- Michigan: Property transfer helps local non-profit support human trafficking victims
- Michigan: MDOT closing M-86 in Three Rivers starting Monday for railroad crossing reconstruction
- ITSMA 2019 Marketing Excellence Awards Honor High Impact B2B Marketing Programs
- S-cubed launch the A3 Community MDR