Detroit, February 13, 2020 — The three Detroit casinos reported $120 million in aggregate revenue during January for a 7.1 percent year-over-year revenue increase. January revenue was down 6.1 percent compared with December 2019 results of $127.8 million.
Compared with January 2019 results, Motor City's $41.8 million in monthly revenue was an 11.7 percent year-over-year increase and the largest percentage climb for the three properties. Greektown revenue at $28.2 million was 9.8 percent higher than January 2019. MGM revenue rose 2.1 percent to $50 million.
More on Michimich.com
- PEL Labs Now Offers Dropbox Service!
- Amazon confirms opening of new "last-mile" delivery station in Sterling Heights
- American BioDefense Institute Commends Congressman Gosar For BioSecurity Amendment
- MOTOR FleetCross Now Integrated with Fullbay
- 2nd Annual Mile High Denver Boutique Week!
The market shares during January were:
- MGM Grand Detroit, 42 percent
MotorCity Casino, 35 percent
Greektown Casino, 23 percent
During January, the three Detroit casinos paid $9.7 million in gaming taxes to the State of Michigan compared with $9.1 million for the same month last year.
The three Detroit casinos reported submitting $14.3 million in wagering taxes and development agreement payments to the City of Detroit during January.
"The Michigan Gaming Control Board shall ensure the conduct of fair and honest gaming to protect the interests of the citizens of the State of Michigan."
Latest on Michimich.com
- ASI Introduces "iMIS Inspire for Virtual Conferences Powered by OpenWater"
- NACCE Launched Partnership with Uplift Now
- With an eye toward safety, Sterling Heights opens new Election Center, adds ballot drop boxes
- Black Female Talk Show Host Launches Community of Professionals To Help Bring Multiracial Business Owners & Entrepreneurs Together
- The 100 Best Places To Buy A Vacation Rental in 2020. Report Download Now Available
- Atlantic Cruising Yachts Expanding to Texas with New Partnership: ACY Texas
- Working parent support is not just for mommas. Working parenthood takes a Villyge
- Clearwater Living Opens Clearwater at Sonoma Hills, an Assisted Living and Memory Support Community
- Joel Lindholm Head of CBRS LTE/5G at Facebook to Keynote the Connected Virtual Tech Event
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Sacramento Airport Natomas, CA Opens
- Allen Maintenance Corporation Is Your Commercial Cleaning and Building Maintenance Partner
- CIMdata's President & CEO, Peter Bilello, to Participate in a Webinar on Easier Ways to do
- The Positive Patriot: Robert Dempster Joins The Radio Team at WDTK - The Patriot
- Brooks Bell Launches Inaugural Report, Setting Industry Standard for Experimentation Programs
- Women in Quantum Summit launch event
- JT Legal Group Recognizes the Pandemic of Nursing Home Abuse during COVID-19
- Ocean Conservation Nonprofit, OctoNation, 1 of 14 in North America Accepted to Facebook Community Accelerator Program
- AI.Reverie Awarded $1.5M AFWERX Phase 2 SBIR Contract from U.S. Air Force
- Acumentrics Announces New Website Launch
- Consumers Energy Foundation Provides $135,000 to Michigan Nonprofits Through COVID-19 Pandemic