- Health Department extends partnership with SMART, launch Sterling Heights COVID-19 vaccination site
- MDARD accepting applications for annual 'Michigan Agriculture Exporter of the Year' award
- Michigan: Wayne County Caretaker Found in Contempt for Providing Unlicensed Adult Foster Care
Detroit, January 20, 2020 – The Michigan Gaming Control Board today approved the Lac Vieux Desert tribe and its platform provider, PointsBet, to launch online sports betting at noon on Friday, Jan. 22.
The Upper Peninsula-based tribe is the 10th operator to receive approval to launch online sports betting or both online gaming and sports betting this week. Nine other casinos and platform providers received authorization Tuesday to launch wagering on Friday.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Announces Expansion of MI Classroom Heroes COVID-19 Grants
- Michigan: Governor Whitmer Kicks off March by Declaring the Month as March is Reading Month
- Michigan: Help shape Leelanau and Traverse City state park planning at virtual meetings March 10 and 18
- Olympic Medalist Marlen Esparza and Jamie Mitchell Join Historic 'SUPERWOMEN' All-Female Boxing Card
- eMoney Advisor Veterans Start Firm to Help Fintech CEOs Jump Start Growth
"The MGCB team worked closely with the Lac Vieux Desert tribe and PointsBet to wrap up regulatory requirements for online sports betting in time for the initial launch," said Richard S. Kalm, MGCB executive director. "Other operators will launch as they meet the requirements, which are designed to protect participants and instill confidence in honest gaming."
The Lac Vieux Desert Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians operates a casino in Watersmeet.
"The Michigan Gaming Control Board shall ensure the conduct of fair and honest gaming to protect the interests of the citizens of the State of Michigan."
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: M-3 (Gratiot Avenue) two-year project starts Monday, March 1, in the city of Roseville
- Kim Nowack selected for American Council of Engineering Companies of Michigan honor
- CIMdata to Participate in a Webinar on Why Program Management is Ripe for Transformation
- Florida small town festival ranks Top 50 BEST in nation
- Delray Beach Branding Agency Celebrates Women in Business on International Women's Day
- Schedule Winter HVAC Maintenance with CMR Mechanical to Prevent Costly Repairs
- Digital Cash Processing, Genmega Partner to Deliver Next Generation ATM Functionality
- Nationally Syndicated Radio Show "Radio Bassment" Launching Daily Programming 7 Days a Week
- Digital Health Leader Mark Hirschhorn Joins Hygieia Board as Company Ramps Up for Growth of Its Unique d-Nav® Insulin Management Technology
- CCMC Hearing Care Opens in St Johns and Alma
- Nano-technology alliance of Supreme Pharmatech and Professor M.R.Mozafari, a global nano technology expert
- Michigan: Truck detour for M-30 bridge project at Tobacco River impacted by frost laws effective March 1
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Joins Coalition in Letter of Support to Congress for Election Reforms
- Michigan: AG Nessel Joins Fight in Support of States' Right to Enforce Laws Against 3D-printed 'Ghost Gun' Files
- Multi #1 International Best-Selling Author Jennifer S. Wilkov Hosts the Sold-Out The Next Bestseller™ Workshop Virtually for Writers
- Michigan: Former Osceola County Sheriff's Deputy Sentenced for Child Sex Crimes, Felony Drug Charges
- Michigan Educators Learn to Provide More Diverse Literature for Children
- Tracy S. Williams, Wife of Pro Football Hall of Famer Aeneas Williams, Talks Sex and Relationships in Her Debut Book: THE GARDEN EXPERIENCE
- Michigan: MSHDA Board approves more than $27 million for Howell-area affordable housing project
- Annual spring weight restrictions start Monday to protect Michigan's roads