- COVID-19 Omicron variant illustrates importance of getting vaccinated, including booster doses, wearing masks, other mitigation strategies; MDHHS is monitoring to identify any presence in Michigan, but has not yet detected new variant
- Michigan: PHOTOS: MDARD Director Gary McDowell Celebrates Small Business Saturday with Kluck Nursery
- Governor Whitmer Announces 16 Communities to Receive Additional Funding to Invest in Local Parks and Trails throughout Michigan
November 24, 2021
Governor Whitmer & Governor DeWine Place Wager on The Game
LANSING, Mich. -- Governor Gretchen Whitmer and Governor Mike DeWine of Ohio placed a friendly wager ahead of the rivalry football game between the University of Michigan and the Ohio State University, commonly referred to as "The Game."
"This football game is a time-honored tradition between our two states that pits the best we have to offer against each other for four quarters," said Governor Gretchen Whitmer. "That's why I'm joining Governor DeWine to bet some of the best Michigan-made sweets and treats that our state has to offer from Cherry Republic. With everything on the line for a trip to the Big Ten Championship game, I can't wait to cheer on the Wolverines. Go Blue!"
More on Michimich.com
- Xoran's VetCAT 3D CT Imaging Implemented at Chicago Exotics Animal Hospital
- Michigan: MDARD Issues Consumer Advisory for Certain Enoki Mushrooms
- Michigan: AG Nessel Issues Statement on New Charges in Oxford High School Shooting
- Michigan: State Leaders React to Federal Plan to Increase Access to COVID-19 Testing to Battle COVID-19 this Winter
- Option traders think Hertz stock could reach $30 soon
Governor Whitmer has wagered a gift package of famous Michigan-made cherry sweets and treats from Cherry Republic in Glen Arbor. In 2019, Governor Whitmer bet a box of goodies from Zingerman's in Ann Arbor.
"With so much on the line in this year's edition of The Game, Fran and I are very excited to see the Buckeyes kick-off on Saturday and continue their great rivalry" said Governor Mike DeWine. "I am proud to engage in this friendly bet, highlighting some of Fran and my favorite treats from across the Buckeye State that we know many Ohioans will be enjoying as they cheer the Buckeyes. O-H!"
Governor DeWine has bet an assortment of Ohio-made sweets, including cream puffs from Schmidt's in Columbus, black raspberry chip ice cream from Graeter's in Cincinnati, chocolate-covered pretzels from Malley's in Cleveland, and buckeye candies from Marsha's Homemade Buckeyes in Perrysburg. Governor DeWine also wagered a basket of Ohio's famous buckeye candies in 2019.
On Saturday, November 27 at noon, the University of Michigan Wolverines will face the Ohio State University Buckeyes for the 117th meeting of "The Game." Michigan leads the head-to-head series overall 58-51-6, but Ohio has won the last eight games.
Governor Whitmer is the proud mother of two students at the University of Michigan.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Stout Industrial Technology Hires Brent Shedd as Chief Executive Officer
- Michigan: Secretary Benson shares resources for National Older Driver Safety Awareness Week
- Dan Geherin Discusses Michigan Driver's License "Reinstatement Fee?"
- Michigan: MDARD Celebrates World Soil Day with New 'Fresh from the Field' Podcast
- Michigan: MDHHS announces new winter schedule for free, bottled water distribution in City of Benton Harbor along with recycling
- Michiganders encouraged to explore high-demand, high-wage career pathways
- Gage Growth Corp. Announces DTC Eligibility and Closing of Sturgis Dispensary
- Gov. Whitmer and Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund Board Support $45.6 million for Outdoor Recreation in Michigan
- IaaS Tech Company StrongNode.io and Social Impact Gaming Ecosystem Original Gamer Life Name OIG Oracles Investment Group as Key Partner
- StrongNode.io Connects with Block0 for Strategic Partnership in Building the Future of Digital Connectivity
- Michigan: Benson tours Jackson office, notes highly efficient and accessible service
- Michigan's Minimum Wage Set to Increase on January 1, 2022
- Governor Whitmer Celebrates $54.5 Million Grant to Help Michiganders Keep the Heat On, Pay Bills this Winter
- Gov. Whitmer Signs Legislation Extending Compensation Benefits to More Michigan Firefighters
- Michigan: AG Nessel Reacts to Victims' Privacy Bills Passing State House
- EA Sports and Activision Former VP Kim Salzer Steps in as CMO for NFT Gaming Social Impact Ecosystem Original Gamer Life
- Michigan Indigent Defense Commission Selects Kristen Staley as Executive Director
- Michigan: Grant funding to help low-income customers pay home heating bills announced for 2021-2022
- State of Michigan secures additional federal team to assist Covenant HealthCare in Saginaw with staffing
- Avert Holiday Anxiety and Depression with Self-Care