EGLE Media Office, EGLE-Assist@Michigan.gov, 517-284-9278
Jim Ostrowski, Training and Outreach Supervisor, OstrowskiJ2@Michigan.gov, 517-284-6870
The Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE) is hosting the first Great Lakes Water Infrastructure Conference, April 28-30 in Novi.
More than 800 attendees, including municipal officials, water professionals, academia, nonprofits, as well as state and local officials from around the country, will hear from experts and share information about water infrastructure challenges and solutions in the Great Lakes region.
"We live in a unique place on the planet, surrounded by the world's greatest freshwater ecosystem," said Liesl Clark, EGLE director. "With that privilege comes responsibility – protecting the systems and structures that keep that water safe for drinking, swimming, fishing, boating, and wildlife. We are thrilled to bring together such an impressive roster of people dedicated to that goal, and willing to listen and learn from one another."
More on Michimich.com
- PEL Labs Now Offers Dropbox Service!
- Amazon confirms opening of new "last-mile" delivery station in Sterling Heights
- American BioDefense Institute Commends Congressman Gosar For BioSecurity Amendment
- MOTOR FleetCross Now Integrated with Fullbay
- 2nd Annual Mile High Denver Boutique Week!
The comprehensive 3-day agenda highlights the extensive range of issues communities in the Great Lakes region are dealing with, including per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), lead and copper, high waters and stormwater extremes in a changing climate, engaging the public, and more.
- Expert plenary speakers from around the country:
- Tracy Mehan, Executive Director, Government Affairs at American Water Works Association (AWWA) A Portfolio Approach to Water Infrastructure Finance Manny Teodoro, PhD, Associate Professor, Texas A&M University The Plan: A five-point proposal to transform the U.S. water sector Ridgway White, President and CEO, Charles Stewart Mott Foundation Melissa Osborne, Senior Manager of Asset Planning for the City of Windsor, Ontario Growth and Development of Asset Management Throughout Windsor and Ontario, Canada Kyle Dreyfuss-Wells, CEO of the NE Ohio Regional Sewer District Watersheds, Equity and Affordability: A utility for the 21st century Jim Maczko, NOAA National Weather Service Precipitation Trends and the Impact of Extreme Weather Events on Communities in the Great Lakes Region
More on Michimich.com
- CIMdata to Offer Virtual-Live Digital Transformation Short Course in September
- CMR Mechanical Can Help You Improve the Ventilation in Your Home
- Evolve IP Releases RECAP – AI Driven Speech Analytics And Voice Recording Platform For Microsoft Teams, Unified Communications and Contact Center
- Drinkmate Releases the instaFizz- The Stainless-Steel Water Bottle
- Leading OEMs present new model year updates at NTEA's Virtual Truck Product Conference
Register today and join hundreds of professionals and community members in the national conversation about the urgent need for reinvestment in critical water infrastructure.
- April 28-30. Suburban Collection Showplace, 46100 Grand River Avenue, Novi. Attend all 3 days for just $175 (if registered by April 6). Registration deadline: April 17, 2020
For more information, go to Michigan.gov/EGLEevents.
Latest on Michimich.com
- JT Legal Group Recognizes the Pandemic of Nursing Home Abuse during COVID-19
- Ocean Conservation Nonprofit, OctoNation, 1 of 14 in North America Accepted to Facebook Community Accelerator Program
- AI.Reverie Awarded $1.5M AFWERX Phase 2 SBIR Contract from U.S. Air Force
- Acumentrics Announces New Website Launch
- Consumers Energy Foundation Provides $135,000 to Michigan Nonprofits Through COVID-19 Pandemic
- 4e Brands North America Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Hand Sanitizer Due to Potential Presence of Undeclared Methanol (Wood Alcohol)
- Trump visit to Atlanta focuses on I-75 South expansion
- Jurllyshe Back To School Outfits & Clothes Ideas 2020--Jumpsuits, Matching Sets, Dress etc
- Summer Heat Sparks Heavy "Stay at Home" Consumer Demand for Screen Mesh Shade Tarps
- Hillside Terrace Sponsors This Year's Big Hearts Annual Movie Event for The Fifth Year in a Row!
- CNB Community Bancorp, Inc. Reports Record Second Quarter 2020 Results
- Cochrane Supply Announces BASfest | The Tour!
- New Partner at Itero Group Signals Continued Growth
- Travel + Leisure Readers give San Miguel De Allende a reason to Celebrate as it ranks in World's Best Awards
- MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
- Allen Maintenance Corporation Can Clean Your Office to Combat COVID-19
- Meijer Opens Five Supercenters in the Midwest
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner
- CIMdata to Host a Free Webinar on the Role of Data Governance in a Digital Transformation
- Archaeology, Israel, and Relationships Featured in Olga Sushinsky's Debut Novel FINDING MYSELF