- Michigan: Home Help Provider Charged with Medicaid Fraud
- MDARD, DNR stress biosecurity to help protect Michigan's rabbits and hares from fatal disease
- Michigan: Consumer Advisory: Rashi Al-Ref Tahini tests positive for Salmonella
May 4, 2021 - The Dept. of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) has summarily suspended and issued a notice of intent to revoke the family child care home license of Melanie Williams, located at 319 South Green Meadow Street, Grand Rapids.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan Attorney General, EGLE call out 3M attempt to gut PFAS in drinking water rules
- Michigan: AG Nessel Announces Genesee County Expungement Event
- Michigan: MDHHS updates testing requirements for long-term care facilitiesRoutine testing no longer required for fully vaccinated staff members
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Joins Series of Multistate Efforts
- Priority Health Allowing Deductible Transfers for Individuals Switching Insurers During Special Enrollment Period
Effective April 30, 2021, the summary suspension order prohibits Williams from operating a family child care home at 319 South Green Meadow Street, Grand Rapids, or at any other address or location. Accordingly, she may not accept children for care after that date and time. The order also requires the licensee to inform all parents of children in her care that the license has been suspended and that she can no longer provide child care.
LARA's actions resulted from an April 28, 2021 complaint investigation conducted by the Child Care Licensing Bureau (CCLB) at the family child care home. The investigation found violations of the Child Care Organizations Act and administrative rules, including but not limited to the following:
- Concerns with care and supervision
- Caregiver suitability and conduciveness to the welfare of children
- Ratio of caregivers to children
- Failure to provide truthful and accurate information during the investigation.
It was critical to take emergency action to protect the health, welfare, and safety of the children at the Williams' family child care home.
Since LARA has summarily suspended the license, an administrative hearing will promptly be scheduled before an administrative law judge with the Michigan Office of Administrative Hearings and Rules.
More on Michimich.com
- Chapter 23-The Age of Healing for Black Women
- Michigan: White House, EPA leaders to join Gov. Whitmer and Lt. Gov. Gilchrist for state's first environmental justice conference May 18-20
- Gov. Whitmer Signs Bipartisan Bill Providing Reimbursements to Michigan National Guard Soldiers who were deployed at the U.S. Capitol
- Four New Lawsuits Filed in Federal District Courts to Curb Illegal Wine Shipments into Michigan
- Michigan: Sign up for free mass timber webinars May 11 and June 3
To learn more about child care licensing and regulations, or how to file a complaint, please visit www.michigan.gov/cclb.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Gene Silvers Guest Stars In Apple TV Plus Drama 'The Mosquito Coast'
- The Benefits of a Collection Agency
- Major Broadcasters Launch NEXTGEN TV on Six Local Television Stations in Grand Rapids, MI
- Better Yourself With Japanese Iaido
- You Are The Brand: Sustainability From The Inside Out
- Michigan: DNR to begin repair work on Houghton to Chassell rail-trail in Houghton County
- Michigan: Moderation in Alcohol Consumption Urged Among Older People
- Michigan: Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson recognizes May as Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month
- Peachtree Immediate Care Expands its Network by Adding Four Locations in last Three Weeks
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Reissues Consumer Alert as Scammers Threaten Service
- TrueDialog Higher Education Texting Solution Named EdTech Award Finalist
- Make the Most of Your Painting Investment with Help from Mussio Painting
- Geherin Law Group Helps Habitual Offenders File License Appeals in Michigan
- Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services Reminds Consumers that Mental Health Care is Covered by Most Health Insurance Plans
- Everyone Can Have Their "15 Minutes" With Former Google PPC Expert, Savio Marian
- Nanometrics wins Government of Canada Contract to Provide the Infrastructure for Canada's Early Earthquake Warning System
- Michigan: Snow Road bridge over I-496 closed May 11-12 for preventive maintenance
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of Raymond Richardson, #165558
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of Andre Collier, #188284
- Michigan Independent Citizens Redistricting Commission launches online portal for public comment