- Michigan: Governor Whitmer Makes Appointments to Boards and Commissions
- Michigan: I-69 project in Clinton and Eaton counties begins the week of Aug. 2
- Michigan: COVID-19 cases connected with Faster Horses Festival; attendees who are not fully vaccinated urged to get tested
ESTIMATED START DATE:
Tuesday, June 22, 2021
ESTIMATED COMPLETION DATE:
Sunday, Nov. 14, 2021
OVERALL I-94 PROJECT COMPLETION DATE:
The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) will close Lansing Avenue from Shirley Drive to Royal Drive to rebuild the bridge over I-94 in Jackson.
This work is part of MDOT's ongoing $120 million investment to rebuild and widen I-94 near the Airport Road interchange to just west of the east US-127/I-94 interchange in Blackman and Leoni Township. The I-94 project involves upgrading the US-127/M-50 (West Avenue)/I-94 interchange to a diverging diamond interchange, the Elm Road interchange with roundabouts, and rebuilding the Lansing Avenue bridge over I-94.
More on Michimich.com
- AG Nessel Applauds MSC Ruling in Taxpayers for Michigan Constitutional Government, et al v State of Michigan
- City of Sterling Heights announces new "Break-Free Blast" series of events for remainder of 2021
- Horizon Global to Present Virtually and Host Investor Meetings at Jefferies Virtual Industrials Conference August 4
- Vandi Lynnae Announces New Single 'Dancing Through The Rain'
- Banks Hardwoods Produces Educational Short Film for Hardwood Lumber Industry
Funding for this project is made possible by Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's Rebuilding Michigan program to rebuild the state highways and bridges that are critical to the state's economy and carry the most traffic. The investment strategy is aimed at fixes that result in longer useful lives and improves the condition of the state's infrastructure.
Southbound Lansing Avenue will be detoured east on Parnall Road, south on M-106 (Cooper Street), and then west on North Street back to Lansing Avenue.
Northbound Lansing Avenue will be detoured east on North Street, north on Cooper Street, and then west on Parnall Road back to Lansing Avenue.
Please follow posted detours. Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes.
This traffic configuration will increase safety for workers and motorists through this work zone. These improvements will provide increased safety and mobility in this area of I-94, which is a significant local and national trade corridor.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: M-60 shoulder resurfacing east of Niles starts Monday
- NTEA calls on Congress to repeal the Federal Excise Tax
- Fulvic Humic Acid for Gut Health from Age Immune
- Centaris again ranked on Channel Futures MSP 501
- Michigan: Video highlights positive impact of MDOT's Transportation Diversity Recruitment Program
- Michigan: MDHHS, Food Bank continue Flint mobile pantries during August
- Michigan: MDHHS highlights We Treat Hep C Initiative progress in recognition of World Hepatitis Day
- MDOT virtual public meetings Aug. 3 and 4 to discuss draft Michigan Mobility 2045 plan
- Data CRO Expands its Virtual Learning Portfolio with New Life Sciences Courses in Inspection Readiness and Clinical Programming
- NEOGEN Launches Reveal® Q+ for Δ9-THC in Hemp
- edjuster Partners with StaySafe to Deliver Workplace Safety Solutions to Lone Workers in Field Service Claims
- Duke Defense Expands Operations Beyond Byrna
- HTC Global Services Announces Appointment of Nitesh Bansal as President and COO USA - English USA - English USA - English USA - English
- Gov. Whitmer Secures Commitment from Financial Industry Groups to Assist Michiganders Affected by Recent Flooding
- Diabetes continues to be one of top causes of death in the United States
- Bitcoin Short Squeeze Caused Over $1 Billion In Liquidations
- Horizon Global Announces Date for Second Quarter 2021 Results Conference Call
- Michigan: Homeowner Assistance Fund, Single-Family Mortgage Revenue Bonds Receive MSHDA Board Approval
- MPSC approves natural gas pipeline project that will improve reliability for customers in northern Michigan
- Michigan: Stoplog failure alters water levels at White Cloud Dam