- Governor Whitmer Encourages Michiganders to Obtain Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests, Saving Families Hundreds Per Month
- Michigan: Governor Whitmer Statement on Nomination of Lisa Cook
- Michigan: Menominee Township Man Sentenced in U.P. Assault with Intent to do Great Bodily Harm Case
Media Contact: Chelsea Lewis-Parisio, 517-331-1151
LANSING, Mich - The Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) is celebrating World Soil Day, which is December 5th, with a new 'Fresh from the Field' Podcast featuring well-known soil scientist expert Karl Hausler. World Soil Day was established 2002 to celebrate the importance of soil as a critical component of the natural system and as a vital contributor to human well-being.
"One of Michigan's most prevalent natural resources is our soil. Its health is critical to our growth and sustainability of the state's food and agriculture industry which contributes $104.7 billion annually to the state's economy," said Gary McDowell, MDARD Director. "World Soil Day highlights the importance of soil to our daily lives, especially our state soil Kalkaska sand, which is a loamy soil and can be found in both the upper and lower peninsulas."
More on Michimich.com
- President and CEO of Huizenga Group, Steve Klotz, gifts $1 million to Eastern Michigan University College of Business
- OGLife Multiverse Embraces a Staple of Internet Culture in its Partnership with YouMeme as the Metaverse of Memes
- AttaBox's Heartland® Polycarbonate Enclosures Now Feature Reliable Foam-In-Place Gaskets
- How Keona The Founder Of The Feminine School Is Branding Female Personalities With Etiquettes Coaching Across the Globe for Over A Decade
- Cpics - A New Streaming Platform Dedicated to South Asian Content Announce Upcoming 2022 Activities
Mr. Hausler holds a degree in Environmental Sciences with majors in Soil Science and Water Resource Management. He has spent over 10 years mapping soils in seven counties in Michigan throughout his career. Mr. Hausler worked at MDARD for 26 years in the Watershed Management and Drainage unit. He was also instrumental in selecting the state soil Kalkaska sand.
To listen to the podcast, visit https://bit.ly/MichiganStateSoil.
For more information on World Soil Day, visit https://www.fao.org/world-soil-day/campaign-materials/en/.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Star-Studded Fundraising Event To Celebrate Harry Belafonte's 95th Birthday & 10th Anniversary of Sankofa.org
- Upcoming Family Office Executive Education Program at the University of Denver
- Heartland Closes out a Historic Year with its 24th Acquisition
- TrueDialog Awarded "Most Promising Salesforce Solution Provider 2021" by CIOReview
- Legal Consultation App Lawmato Hires First General Counsel and Director of Operations
- Diversified Roofing Solutions Brings to Town Quick and Efficient Roof Installation and Repair Services
- New electric vehicles launching at Work Truck Week 2022
- New AxiaGram Mobile Communication App by HiMS Provides Health Care Professionals Ability to Transform Where, When and How Patient Care is Delivered
- Free Webinar on Minimum Model-Based Design for Type Design Certification
- SpartanNash Welcomes Bennett Morgan as SVP, Chief Merchandising Officer
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation celebrates sixth annual National Day of Racial Healing
- PhaseZero Offers CxAnalytics and Data-as-a-Service Solution with Roadmap to Deliver Enterprise AI Applications for Manufacturing Companies
- SecurCapital Corp announces major Q1 portfolio expansion
- O2 Investment Partners Announces Promotions
- Window acquires Fintech Drift to provide differentiated insights into the future of finance and ESG
- Quavo, Inc. Announces Completion of SOC 2 Type II Certification
- Top InsurTech Startup Pendella Expands Into PEO Market With Employ Source
- Turkey VPS with KVM Hypervisor Windows or Linux Cloud Hosting Solution by Onlive Server
- HIBLOW USA Helps Homeowners Troubleshoot Their Septic Air Pump with Alarm
- Michigan-based Aluminum Dock Manufacturer Provides Off-Season Maintenance Tips