- MSHDA Board approves grants to Habitat for Humanity of Michigan and CEDAM, supports loans for acquisition and rehabilitation of affordable rental units in rural communities - 108
- Meijer Customer Survey Reveals Kids May be in for Biggest Christmas Surprises
- Michigan: DNR recommends $5.4 million in Land and Water Conservation Fund grants to support park projects
Contact: Lynn Sutfin, 517-241-2112
LANSING, Mich. – The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) today announced a partnership with IMPART Alliance at Michigan State University's College of Osteopathic Medicine to develop infection control training for direct care workers. MDHHS has provided IMPART Alliance $50,000 in COVID Relief Funding to develop the training and make it widely available for direct care workers (DCW) providing home and community-based services.
IMPART Alliance will develop a comprehensive Infection Control curriculum for training all direct care workers and family caregivers. MDHHS, IMPART Alliance and others will widely distribute the training to increase access and skills for the caregivers. The training will be free of charge and available in December 2020.
"While certified nursing assistant courses are required for direct care workers who work in nursing facilities, similar training is not universally required for home and community-based services programs," said Kate Massey, senior deputy director of MDHHS' Medical Services Administration. "Without proper training on infection control, direct care workers could unknowingly transfer COVID-19 or other infectious diseases from client to client, and put themselves, their families and the greater community at risk."
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan's older adults can connect virtually with family and friends this holiday season; MDHHS partners with GetSetUp to help residents cope with COVID-19 separation
- Adrian Peterson Teams up With The Athletes' Corner to Provide 100,000 Meals to Families in Association With His Custom Thanksgiving Day Cleats
- ProSource Diesel,Where Repair Shops Shop for Hard-to-Find Truck Parts and Kits, Celebrates Anniversary!
- Michigan: Virtual public meeting scheduled Dec. 7 to discuss 2021 I-75 BL lane reconfiguration in St. Ignace
- Michigan: Blossomland Bridge closing in St. Joseph starting Dec. 1
IMPART Alliance is a coalition of researchers, direct care workers, providers, clients, advocates and agencies. The organization works to develop a competent home care workforce and improve the lives of direct care workers and the clients they serve. IMPART Alliance strives to address multiple components of workforce development including building on the evidence-based training program Building Training…Building QualityTM, establishing a DCW professional association and founding a highly diverse statewide coalition charged with determining feasible win-win strategies for ensuring a high-quality DCW workforce.
For more information on IMPART Alliance, visit at Impartalliance.org.
Information around this outbreak is changing rapidly. The latest information is available at Michigan.gov/Coronavirus and CDC.gov/Coronavirus.
More on Michimich.com
- Attorney General Nessel Reaches Settlement in Progress Michigan's FOIA Lawsuit Against Former AG's Administration
- Michigan: Former Youth Basketball Coach Jerrell Sanders Sent to Prison for Sex Crime
- New Mom Pens Book to Inspire Daughter's Future
- Micro Kickboard Announces Scooters Made From Recycled Fishing Nets
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client CBC Federal Credit Union for Customer Service Accolades
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: MDOT virtual public meeting Dec. 2 to discuss US-12 Planning and Environmental Linkage (PEL) study in Detroit
- Zippy Shell and Subsidiary 1-800-PACK-RAT Secure Financing from The Carlyle Group & PNC Bank
- Guardhat Releases Smart Glasses Based Solutions for Front-Line Workers
- Elf Prep Academy Trains Elf Recruits to Help Santa Spread Holiday Cheer Just in Time for Christmas
- THE WANDERING PALESTINIAN by Anan Ameri: A Masterful and Riveting Memoir of Activism and Immigration
- Syxsense Announces New Support for Amazon Web Service (AWS) Linux Devices
- Florida Family & Faith International Film Festival Powered by AARP Florida Celebrates Caregivers and Families This Thanksgiving Season
- edjuster Selects CoreLogic to Deliver Modern Contents Estimating Solution to Claims Process
- Credit Card Companies' Support for Small Businesses During COVID-19 Not Enough to Drive Customer Satisfaction, J.D. Power Finds
- Medicom Health Wins 2020 Tekne Award for Rx Savings Assistant®
- Introducing BIAMI.IO Intelligent Automation as a Service Labs
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of Karol Soles, #170214
- National Survey Finds More Than 75% of Individual Investors Would Link Their Shopping Habits and Brand Loyalty to Stock Ownership, and They Desire Stock Perks
- Michigan: MDHHS issues Thanksgiving guidance for vulnerable populations
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Commends Canvassers' Certification
- Michigan: Statement from Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson on the Board of State Canvassers certification of Nov. 3 election
- How to sell paparazzi jewelry and use the paparazzi jewelry images you have on your website
- Michigan: EGLE awards nearly $10 million in COVID-19 wastewater surveillance grants and equipment
- Ford to Present at Credit Suisse Industrials and Goldman Sachs Global Automotive Conferences
- The Voice Season 12 Winner Chris Blue Releases Pulsating New Single,"Back 2 The Future"