Contact: Lynn Sutfin, 517-241-2112
LANSING, MICH. The Michigan Department of Health and Humans Services (MDHHS) today announced three cases of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) among patients at its Center for Forensic Psychiatry in Saline and Walter Reuther Psychiatric Hospital in Westland.
"Our primary focus is the health and safety of our staff and the patients at our state hospitals," said MDHHS Director Robert Gordon. "We treat the spread of COVID-19 with the greatest seriousness and are taking many steps to address it."
Two of the positive cases are patients at Walter Reuther and one is at the Center for Forensic Psychiatry. In addition, three staff members at Walter Reuther have tested positive for COVID-19.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: MPSC urges homeowners and contractors to postpone nonessential excavation, make free call to 811 before digging
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Comments on UP Energy Task Force Report on Propane, Urges Prompt Planning to Prepare for Shutdown of Enbridge Line 5
- Refereum, DLive, Tron, and Bittorrent Team Together to Reward Users for Social Distancing During COVID-19
- Michigan: Detroit casinos' quarterly, March aggregate revenues fall as COVID-19 halts gaming
- Healthcare Coverage Available to Michiganders who Lose Job or Experience a Drop in Income
Several weeks ago, isolation units were equipped in each of the state's five psychiatric hospitals.
Additional cleaning measures have been undertaken at the facilities and staff and patients have been monitored closely for COVID-19 symptoms for the last two weeks. The hospital also stopped allowing visitors at the hospitals two weeks ago.
All State of Michigan psychiatric hospitals adhere to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines in regard to COVID-19.
No additional information will be provided about the patients or staff who tested positive.
Information around this outbreak is changing rapidly. The latest information is available at Michigan.gov/Coronavirus and CDC.gov/Coronavirus.
Latest on Michimich.com
- NOKR Urges Preparedness During COVID-19 Global Emergency
- City of Sterling Heights issues instructions for public participation in video conference of April 7
- Datavalet Helps Teams Work Remotely During Covid-19 Crisis
- Kellogg Company Sets Date for 2020 First Quarter Results Conference Call / Webcast
- Cochrane Tech Services Expands Virtual Training Program to Support Building Automation Professionals
- Sterling Heights: TDIC and Henry Ford Health System team up to combat COVID-19
- BizStream Achieves Kentico Quality Expert Certification
- Toth Team Worldwide Network Welcomes Ann Arbor Area Real Estate Expert Buyers' Agent Lauren Kartje
- COVID-19 Deep Cleaning Services for Metro Detroit Business Districts
- PINC's Matt Yearling named Rock Star of the Supply Chain by Food Logistics magazine
- Castellex Adds Positive Air Pressure Feature to their Air Filtration Systems for Battling Coronavirus
- The Sports Circus Rockets into Greater Houston
- Alpha Energy Management Wins SunPower 2019 Commercial National Rising Star Award
- Autonomous Inc. Steps Up to Help Local Hospitals Fight COVID-19
- Meijer Announces New Efforts to Keep Customers and Team Members Safe
- Seniors can get meals safely in Michigan during COVID-19 outbreak; State wants to increase public awareness of meals program
- Michigan: MDARD to offer private pesticide applicators an alternate option to take certification exams
- Michigan: AG Recognizes Big Box Retailer for Efforts to Slow Spread of COVID-19
- Michigan: AG's Office, Kalamazoo County Prosecutor Send Cease and Desist Letter to Car Wash Violating Executive Order
- MC Residential Communities Ranks 13th Best Company To Work Multifamily® For Women In The Nation