Contact: Lynn Sutfin, 517-241-2112
LANSING, MICH. The Michigan Department of Health and Humans Services (MDHHS) today announced three cases of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) among patients at its Center for Forensic Psychiatry in Saline and Walter Reuther Psychiatric Hospital in Westland.
"Our primary focus is the health and safety of our staff and the patients at our state hospitals," said MDHHS Director Robert Gordon. "We treat the spread of COVID-19 with the greatest seriousness and are taking many steps to address it."
Two of the positive cases are patients at Walter Reuther and one is at the Center for Forensic Psychiatry. In addition, three staff members at Walter Reuther have tested positive for COVID-19.
More on Michimich.com
- Vision Centre-Ville et ID Gatineau s'associent à Macadamian afin d'offrir une application mobile aux tenanciers de bars et restaurants de
- Atlantean Magicians and the Dead Sea Scrolls in Amy Kuivalainen's New Release THE SEA OF THE DEAD
- Be The Generation with Representation
- Employee-developed "Know & Go" Mobile App Debuts on 2021 Ram 1500 TRX
- Boxed Water Is Better® Welcomes Industry Veteran Charles Murray as Director of Operations
Several weeks ago, isolation units were equipped in each of the state's five psychiatric hospitals.
Additional cleaning measures have been undertaken at the facilities and staff and patients have been monitored closely for COVID-19 symptoms for the last two weeks. The hospital also stopped allowing visitors at the hospitals two weeks ago.
All State of Michigan psychiatric hospitals adhere to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines in regard to COVID-19.
No additional information will be provided about the patients or staff who tested positive.
Information around this outbreak is changing rapidly. The latest information is available at Michigan.gov/Coronavirus and CDC.gov/Coronavirus.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: Deer check and CWD/TB testing changes for 2020 hunting season
- Hip Hop Artist C.Y.B. is Slated to Release His New Album Called, "Today We Ready."
- Michigan: New Neighborhood Testing Site Begins Offering COVID-19 Testing in Benton Harbor
- Michigan: EGLE, US Ecology - Detroit South enter consent agreement to address facility odor violations
- Michigan: Dry Bean Stocks Report
- Michigan: AG Nessel Joins $678M Settlement to Resolve Kickback Allegations Against Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Michigan: Overnight closures of 14 Mile and Big Beaver roads under I-75 for bridge work tonight
- MDE Announces Virtual Job Fairs For Michigan Schools and Educators
- Michigan: US-31 improvements start Monday near Grand Haven
- Accurate Rubber Corporation is Proud to Announce ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- New Spanish-Language Media Outlet El Planteo, Backed By Benzinga, Focuses On Cannabis, Plant Medicine, Finance, Culture
- Visit Potter-Tioga State Parks Recognized as 'Most Beautiful Fall Foliage' in Pennsylvania
- PEL Labs Passes Re-Accreditation Process Through NVLAP
- Michigan: MDOT is hiring! Learn more at Oct. 6 virtual career fair
- Nous Imaging Receives 510(k) Clearance from FDA for FIRMM Software
- Evolve IP Enhances Its Microsoft Teams and Cisco Voice Direct Routing Platform
- Ideal Image Selects Intalytics to Assist with New Market Expansion
- Nutter Home Loans and Tamara Day Announce Alliance
- New article shows how science could reveal racism's real impact on the body and brain
- Global Leader in Dock and Yard Management Solutions Releases its Latest White Paper, The Paperless Pandemic: How Ditching Documents Keeps People Safe