- Starting Friday morning, crews will be demolishing the southbound I-75 bridge over Livernois Road.
- Livernois Road will reopen to traffic by 5 a.m. Monday, March 30.
March 25, 2020 -- Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) contracting crews will be closing both directions of Livernois Road under I-75 for bridge demolition starting at 9 a.m. Friday, March 27. The closure is needed for demolishing the southbound I-75 bridge over Livernois Road. Currently, both directions of I-75 have two lanes open with all traffic using the northbound side of the freeway, separated by a temporary concrete barrier. This configuration will allow for the southbound lanes and bridges to be reconstructed this year. This weekend's closure will not impact traffic on I-75.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: MPSC urges homeowners and contractors to postpone nonessential excavation, make free call to 811 before digging
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Comments on UP Energy Task Force Report on Propane, Urges Prompt Planning to Prepare for Shutdown of Enbridge Line 5
- Refereum, DLive, Tron, and Bittorrent Team Together to Reward Users for Social Distancing During COVID-19
- Michigan: Detroit casinos' quarterly, March aggregate revenues fall as COVID-19 halts gaming
- Healthcare Coverage Available to Michiganders who Lose Job or Experience a Drop in Income
The posted detour for northbound and southbound Livernois Road includes Big Beaver, Crooks and Maple roads. Both directions of Livernois Road will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, March 30. Upon reopening, Livernois Road will have one lane open in each direction under I-75.
Follow I-75 modernization progress on the web at www.Modernize75.com, or follow on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Modernize75 or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/Modernize75.
Latest on Michimich.com
- NOKR Urges Preparedness During COVID-19 Global Emergency
- City of Sterling Heights issues instructions for public participation in video conference of April 7
- Datavalet Helps Teams Work Remotely During Covid-19 Crisis
- Kellogg Company Sets Date for 2020 First Quarter Results Conference Call / Webcast
- Cochrane Tech Services Expands Virtual Training Program to Support Building Automation Professionals
- Sterling Heights: TDIC and Henry Ford Health System team up to combat COVID-19
- BizStream Achieves Kentico Quality Expert Certification
- Toth Team Worldwide Network Welcomes Ann Arbor Area Real Estate Expert Buyers' Agent Lauren Kartje
- COVID-19 Deep Cleaning Services for Metro Detroit Business Districts
- PINC's Matt Yearling named Rock Star of the Supply Chain by Food Logistics magazine
- Castellex Adds Positive Air Pressure Feature to their Air Filtration Systems for Battling Coronavirus
- The Sports Circus Rockets into Greater Houston
- Alpha Energy Management Wins SunPower 2019 Commercial National Rising Star Award
- Autonomous Inc. Steps Up to Help Local Hospitals Fight COVID-19
- Meijer Announces New Efforts to Keep Customers and Team Members Safe
- Seniors can get meals safely in Michigan during COVID-19 outbreak; State wants to increase public awareness of meals program
- Michigan: MDARD to offer private pesticide applicators an alternate option to take certification exams
- Michigan: AG Recognizes Big Box Retailer for Efforts to Slow Spread of COVID-19
- Michigan: AG's Office, Kalamazoo County Prosecutor Send Cease and Desist Letter to Car Wash Violating Executive Order
- MC Residential Communities Ranks 13th Best Company To Work Multifamily® For Women In The Nation