- Michigan: Governor Whitmer Makes Appointments to Boards and Commissions
- Michigan: I-69 project in Clinton and Eaton counties begins the week of Aug. 2
- Michigan: EGLE statement on anchor retrieval in Mackinac Straits
July 20, 2021 -- Starting Monday, July 26, traffic will be reconfigured at the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) US-41 rebuilding project In Houghton.
Currently, one lane is open in each direction on US-41 (Townsend Drive). Starting Monday, northbound US-41 traffic will follow a posted detour onto Cliff Drive around the north side of the Michigan Technological University campus. Southbound US-41 traffic will be shifted onto the new pavement on the northbound side of the highway.
More on Michimich.com
- City of Sterling Heights announces new "Break-Free Blast" series of events for remainder of 2021
- Horizon Global to Present Virtually and Host Investor Meetings at Jefferies Virtual Industrials Conference August 4
- Vandi Lynnae Announces New Single 'Dancing Through The Rain'
- Banks Hardwoods Produces Educational Short Film for Hardwood Lumber Industry
- Michigan: US-41/M-28 signal work in Ishpeming next week
This traffic configuration is expected to last through August.
MDOT is investing $9 million to rebuild 1.1 miles of US-41 from McInnes Drive to Isle Royale Street. The work will include converting the four-lane boulevard section to two lanes with designated turn lanes at major intersections, widening College Avenue to add a center left-turn lane, storm sewer improvements, and city sanitary sewer and water main replacements. The project started in May. Work is expected to be suspended for the winter in late September and be completed in fall 2022.
For more information about the project, please visit the project website.
Latest on Michimich.com
- NTEA calls on Congress to repeal the Federal Excise Tax
- Fulvic Humic Acid for Gut Health from Age Immune
- Centaris again ranked on Channel Futures MSP 501
- Michigan: Video highlights positive impact of MDOT's Transportation Diversity Recruitment Program
- Michigan: MDHHS, Food Bank continue Flint mobile pantries during August
- Michigan: MDHHS highlights We Treat Hep C Initiative progress in recognition of World Hepatitis Day
- MDOT virtual public meetings Aug. 3 and 4 to discuss draft Michigan Mobility 2045 plan
- Data CRO Expands its Virtual Learning Portfolio with New Life Sciences Courses in Inspection Readiness and Clinical Programming
- NEOGEN Launches Reveal® Q+ for Δ9-THC in Hemp
- edjuster Partners with StaySafe to Deliver Workplace Safety Solutions to Lone Workers in Field Service Claims
- Duke Defense Expands Operations Beyond Byrna
- HTC Global Services Announces Appointment of Nitesh Bansal as President and COO USA - English USA - English USA - English USA - English
- Gov. Whitmer Secures Commitment from Financial Industry Groups to Assist Michiganders Affected by Recent Flooding
- Diabetes continues to be one of top causes of death in the United States
- Bitcoin Short Squeeze Caused Over $1 Billion In Liquidations
- Horizon Global Announces Date for Second Quarter 2021 Results Conference Call
- Michigan: Homeowner Assistance Fund, Single-Family Mortgage Revenue Bonds Receive MSHDA Board Approval
- MPSC approves natural gas pipeline project that will improve reliability for customers in northern Michigan
- Michigan: Stoplog failure alters water levels at White Cloud Dam
- Michigan: Governor Whitmer Announces Support for Ford's Global Battery Center of Excellence in Romulus