Customers encouraged to use online services at ExpressSOS.com
LANSING – Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson reminds residents that all Secretary of State offices and the Office of the Great Seal will be closed in observance of the Christmas and New Year's holidays.
The scheduled closures are:
- Tuesday, Dec. 24, and Wednesday, Dec. 25, for Christmas. Tuesday, Dec. 31, and Wednesday, Jan. 1, for New Year's.
Most license plate types can be ordered or renewed online at ExpressSOS.com. Driver's license permits and registrations for vehicles, motorcycles, snowmobiles or boats may be printed, allowing motorists to drive legally until they get their renewed driver's license or plate and tab in the mail. Additionally, customers may order a duplicate registration or title, change their address and register to be an organ donor on the website.
More on Michimich.com
- In Midland disaster's aftermath, Michigan EGLE deploys staff to assist in cleanup, investigation, testing and risk assessment
- Michigan: Secretary Benson testifies in front of U.S. House Judiciary Committee on protecting voting rights during pandemic
- Michigan: Governor Whitmer Makes Appointments to the Bench
- Michigan: Governor Whitmer Rolls Back COVID-19 Executive Orders on FOIA, Hospital Capacity, and Ambulances, MDHHS Loosens Visitation Rules in Hospitals
- You Don't Have to Go Up North To Celebrate National Trails Day
The Department of State mails notices to motorists 45 days before their driver's license or license plates expire to give them ample time to renew. Licenses and plates that expire on a day when state offices are closed, such as a holiday or weekend, can be renewed the following day without penalty.
License plate tabs also can be renewed at self-service stations, many of which are available around the clock. Visit Michigan.gov/SOSSelfService to find a Secretary of State kiosk near you.
With the exception of holidays, offices are open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Smaller offices may close for the lunch hour. On Wednesdays, offices are open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. A few branch offices offer Saturday hours from 9 a.m. to noon. Check the Branch Office Locator at Michigan.gov/SOS for complete hours and services.
# # #
For media questions, contact
Mike Doyle at DoyleM@Michigan.gov
We welcome questions and comments at the Contact the Secretary of State page.
Customers may call the Department of State Information Center to
speak to a customer-service representative at 888-SOS-MICH (767-6424).
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: MDARD Announces Public Input Opportunity for 2021 Rural Development Fund Grants Guidelines
- DemandDynamics launches On Demand Services to support Microsoft Dynamics 365 customers
- SiliconExpert Celebrates 20th Anniversary with Launch of new SaaS Platform and Services for Parts, Bill-of-Materials, and Supply Chain Management
- Mill Steel Co. Launches First Mobile App for Painted Coil Market
- NATP announces new week-long virtual education event
- Macadamian Partners with The Royal and The Perley and Rideau Veterans' Health Centres, to deploy a digital COVID-19 staff screening solution
- Japanese Spring and Summer Flowers
- Easy Daily Cash Your Source To Get Free Traffic To Your Website
- "Phasers on Stun" - A lesson from the Future
- Onlive Server Launched Hong Kong VPS Server Hosting with One-Click Installation
- Michigan: M-54 resurfacing and road diet in the city of Flint starts June 8
- Michigan: Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming meetings
- Attorney Dan Geherin Gives Advice Among Unrest
- Cyndi Walters Joins International Council on Active Aging Task Force to Lead Senior Living Transformation
- Can chiropractic care benefit the immune system?
- Forecasts Predict 6 Major Hurricane Systems for 2020
- St. Vrain Valley School District's Award-Winning Charter School
- Michigan: Governor Whitmer Calls on the White House to Help States with Testing, Budget Shortfalls in Testimony to Congress
- Michigan: Severe weather forecast pushes Big Beaver Road closure under I-75 until Wednesday night in Oakland County
- Network Services Group and Sweetwaters Partner Together