The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan residents the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities. One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management.
The following boards, commissions, committees and councils will hold public meetings in December. The public is encouraged to attend. The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find specific meeting locations and, when finalized, meeting agendas.
Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details and agendas may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Accessibility Advisory Council – Dec. 3, 10 a.m., DNR Customer Service Center, Lansing. Meeting location is barrier-free. An interpreter can be provided with advance notice. (Contact: Mike Holsinger, 517-284-5946) Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – Dec. 19, 9 to 11 a.m., Belle Isle Nature Center, Detroit (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135) Eastern Upper Peninsula Citizens' Advisory Council – Dec. 10, 6 p.m., LMAS Health Department conference room, Newberry (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331) Michigan Natural Resources Commission – Dec. 12, 8:30 a.m., Southern Michigan-Fifth Third Ballpark, Pepsi Stadium Club, Comstock Park (Contact: Cheryl Nelson, 517-284-6237) Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund Board – Dec. 11, 9 a.m., Lansing Community College-West Campus, Lansing (Contact: Jon Mayes, 517-284-5954) Michigan State Waterways Commission – Dec. 5, (regular meeting) 2:30 p.m., Raddison Hotel, Lansing; Dec. 6 (work session), 9 a.m., Quality Suites, Lansing (Contact: Michelle Wieber, 517-284-6138) Michigan Wildlife Council – Dec. 9, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Jay's Sporting Goods, Clare (Contact: Pam Vance, 517-284-6056) Outdoor Recreation Advisory Council – Dec. 5, 9:30 a.m., Michigan Economic Development Corporation, Lansing (Contact: Pam Vance, 517-284-6056) Snowmobile Advisory Workgroup – Dec. 5, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Foggy's Steakhouse, Christmas (Contact: Jessica Holley, 517-331-3790) Timber Advisory Council – Dec. 6, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., DNR Customer Service Center, Gaylord; and Dec. 20, 8:30-9:30 a.m., conference call, dial 888-557-8511, access code 8718230 (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-284-5876) Underwater Salvage and Preserve Committee – Dec. 4, 1 p.m., Michigan Library and Historical Center, Lansing (Contact: Sheri Giffin, 517-335-2591)
More on Michimich.com
- Octobotic Corp announces Brian Sucher CFO Service,RRBB CPA ,Ross Carmel ESQ,Ahead of GCC
- Andrea LaFontaine Chosen As New Michigan Trails & Greenways Alliance Director
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Criticizes Proposal That Would Allow Predatory Lenders to Take Advantage of Consumers
- Michigan: Silver Lake Basin boating access site change proposed in Marquette County
- SAE J1939 to RS232 & USB Gateway With 9-Pin Deutsch Connection Cable
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: MRA Releases Bulletin Detailing Requirements for Temporary Marijuana Events
- Michigan: Former Jackson Investment Adviser Ordered to Pay Full Restitution to Elderly Victims' Family
- Daniel Imperato CEO of Octobotic Inc. Taps Vinod Sujan Fmr. Oracle Exec. & Aarzoo founder
- IAOP and HCL Announce Winners of the Red Ladder Women in Outsourcing Awards
- MiraMed Shares 2019 Circle of Warmth Success
- Axiros Solution Enables Electronic Frontier UK to Manage Multiple Client Devices and CPE in the Telco/ISP Market
- Air Duct Cleaning NJ - Why Should I Clean my Home Air Ducts?
- Signature Tracks and Downtown Music Publishing Announce Strategic Partnership for Scoring Film, Television, And Advertising
- Interactive Touchscreen Solutions, Inc. Takes Ward Over Security Integrations with Direct 'Access' Visitor Management Solutions
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer announces transportation economic development grants that will improve Morgan Road in Calhoun County and Sauk River Drive in the city of Coldwater
- CONSUMER ALERT: MPSC publishes list of alternative providers as Talk America Services prepares to exit Michigan
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer announces transportation economic development grants that will improve Marquette Avenue in Bay City and Cuttle Road in the City of Marysville
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer announces transportation economic development grants that will improve South Townline Road in Otsego County and Eastlake Road in Manistee County
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer announces transportation economic development grant that will improve Lake Lansing Road in Ingham County
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer announces transportation economic development grant that will improve 68th Avenue in Ottawa County
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer announces transportation economic development grant that will improve County Road 531 in Delta County
- Michigan: Josh Neyhart joins MDARD as Senior Environmental Policy Advisor
- McCarthy to hire 300 workers for Assembly Solar Project in Michigan
- Michigan: Signal upgrade project in Traverse City starts Jan. 27
- Michigan: MDOT open house for US-131 BR road and bridge project in Constantine