- COVID-19 Omicron variant illustrates importance of getting vaccinated, including booster doses, wearing masks, other mitigation strategies; MDHHS is monitoring to identify any presence in Michigan, but has not yet detected new variant
- Michigan: PHOTOS: MDARD Director Gary McDowell Celebrates Small Business Saturday with Kluck Nursery
- Governor Whitmer Announces 16 Communities to Receive Additional Funding to Invest in Local Parks and Trails throughout Michigan
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan residents the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities.
One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management. Frequently check the DNR boards, commissions, committees and councils webpage for updates.
The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find meeting details such as location and agenda (when finalized). Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee - Thursday, Nov. 18, 9 a.m. (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Michigan Historical Commission - Thursday, Nov. 4, 10 a.m. (Contact: Michelle Davis, 517-331-7374).
- Michigan Iron Industry Museum Advisory Board - Tuesday, Nov. 9, 3 p.m. (Contact: Barry James, 906-475-7857).
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission - Wednesday, Nov. 10, 9 a.m. (Contact: Su Schrauger, 517-284-6237).
- Timber and Forest Products Advisory Council - Friday, Nov. 19, 8:30 a.m. (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-284-5876).
- Trails Advisory Council - Wednesday, Nov. 3, 9 a.m. (Contact: Annalisa Centofanti, 517-331-6219).
- Underwater Salvage and Preserve Committee - Wednesday, Nov. 17, 1 p.m. (Contact: Sheri Giffin, 517-335-2591).
- Western Upper Peninsula Citizens' Advisory Council - Wednesday, Nov. 3, 6 p.m. EDT (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331).
- Wolf Management Advisory Council - Friday, Nov. 5, 9 a.m. (Contact: Victoria Lischalk, 517-599-1067).
Latest on Michimich.com
- EA Sports and Activision Former VP Kim Salzer Steps in as CMO for NFT Gaming Social Impact Ecosystem Original Gamer Life
- Michigan Indigent Defense Commission Selects Kristen Staley as Executive Director
- Michigan: Grant funding to help low-income customers pay home heating bills announced for 2021-2022
- State of Michigan secures additional federal team to assist Covenant HealthCare in Saginaw with staffing
- Avert Holiday Anxiety and Depression with Self-Care
- Construction Tool & Supply of Warren, MI Acquired by Individual Investor
- DC Norris North America Offers Cash-Back Rebate on New Commercial Sous Vide Cook Tank
- California Air Resources Board Chair Liane Randolph to present keynote address at Green Truck Summit
- Michigan: AG Nessel Shares Giving Reminders Following Oxford High School Tragedy
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Announces 40 High-Wage Jobs as Global Auto Supplier TÜV SÜD America Establishes State-of-the-Art EV Battery Testing Facility in Auburn Hills
- Unvaccinated residents filling Michigan hospitals, getting hospitalized for COVID
- Michigan: Secretary Benson brings back the "Water-Winter Wonderland" license plate
- Toolfetch Hosts Product Launch for the New LB White Premier 40 Tent Heater
- STRANGE DEVELOPMENT--A Startup Engineering Company -Awarded $1 Million National Science Foundation Phase II Grant
- PHOTO RELEASE: MDARD Director Gary McDowell Highlights Consumer Protections that Puts Michiganders First this Holiday Season
- LaChance Brothers Excavating Discuss the Impacts of Garbage Disposals
- Give the Gift That Sparkles All Year Long – Drinkmate
- Delights Discusses Origins of Christmas Decorations
- Data Accuracy Revolution Begins: Truthset wins I-COM Challenge
- Create a Unique Summer Camp Experience with an Aluminum Boat Dock from Alumi-Span Docks