CONTACT: Lynn Sutfin, 517-241-2112
LANSING, Mich. – The State of Michigan has approved contracts to rapidly expand Michigan's contact tracing efforts, a critical next step in its COVID-19 response. The state is partnering with Rock Connections, LLC for volunteer management and Deloitte for technology integration in support of the COVID-19 contact tracing.
"Contact tracing is a proven public health strategy and another tool we're utilizing to help limit the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the loss of life in our state," said Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, chief medical executive and chief deputy for health. "Our team has been working around the clock to stand up this new operation and look forward to significantly expanding the current contact tracing system in place."
Contact tracing involves identifying individuals affected by COVID-19 and interviewing friends, families and other close contacts about their symptoms and health. Rock Connections will oversee volunteer staff who will call identified close contacts for daily check-ins. Calls will be made seven days a week for the next six to 12 months. During these calls, volunteers will provide information about steps that exposed individuals should take to monitor their health and prevent the spread of COVID-19. They will also log responses to determine if these individuals are symptomatic for COVID-19 and need to be referred to other public health teams for additional follow-up.
More than 3,500 volunteers have completed contact tracing training and are ready to begin aiding local health departments. This workforce will help speed up the process and provide support to local health departments already conducting contact tracing statewide.
More on Michimich.com
- Consumers Energy Foundation Provides $135,000 to Michigan Nonprofits Through COVID-19 Pandemic
- 4e Brands North America Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Hand Sanitizer Due to Potential Presence of Undeclared Methanol (Wood Alcohol)
- Jurllyshe Back To School Outfits & Clothes Ideas 2020--Jumpsuits, Matching Sets, Dress etc
- Summer Heat Sparks Heavy "Stay at Home" Consumer Demand for Screen Mesh Shade Tarps
- Hillside Terrace Sponsors This Year's Big Hearts Annual Movie Event for The Fifth Year in a Row!
Rock Connections was chosen through an evaluation team process with representatives from the Department of Technology, Management and Budget and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services for the more than $1 million contract. Separately, Deloitte is providing technology integration on this project through an already established integration contract with the state. This includes an automated text messaging system that individuals can opt-in to following their initial call with a contact tracer. All vendors were approved through a State Emergency Operations Center review process.
Rock Connections has experience in the COVID-19 response, including operating a call center with 40 full-time employees at the former Michigan State Fairgrounds in Detroit.
To sign up to volunteer for public health efforts, visit Michigan.gov/fightcovid19.
Information around this outbreak is changing rapidly. The latest information is available at Michigan.gov/Coronavirus and CDC.gov/Coronavirus.
More on Michimich.com
- CNB Community Bancorp, Inc. Reports Record Second Quarter 2020 Results
- Cochrane Supply Announces BASfest | The Tour!
- New Partner at Itero Group Signals Continued Growth
- Travel + Leisure Readers give San Miguel De Allende a reason to Celebrate as it ranks in World's Best Awards
- MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
Latest on Michimich.com
- Lantek reinforces its southern European presence by adding a new distributor, AlfaSolid, in Greece and Cyprus
- JNESHIA Unveils New Single "KINGZ"
- WJ Castle Awarded Underwater Inspection Contract from PEPCO Holdings
- MLL Offering Guidance for Mandatory Testing
- Flint Group Sues Trend Offset Printing on Multiple Counts for Outstanding Debt and Confiscation of Consigned Good
- Portillo's announces expansion into Sterling Heights, Michigan
- Intermountain Healthcare Implements DeepThink Health's Precision Intelligence Solutions to Manage its Molecular Tumor Board
- Cure SMA Urges Remaining States to Expedite Adoption of Newborn Screening for Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Could this be the next Nike? Dionies Sportswear Looks to Crowdfunding for an Impressive Kickstart
- PowerOptions Expands Partnership with Solect Energy Through Large-Scale Solar and Storage Program
- Bay Area Health Provider Partners with Medicom Health to Lower Medication Cost for Patients
- Products On The Go is creating the most natural and nourishing products in the country
- Mahmood Khan and Willoughby Symphony crack the Billboard Charts
- NACCE Announces Multi-Year Partnership with the Philip E. and Carole R. Ratcliffe Foundation
- Pandemics and Forecasting: Seeing the Way Forward via the Taleb/Ioannidis Debate
- IPD announces special partnership with Maxiforce to expand product reach for its customers
- Overcoming Covid-19 Challenges: Alexander James Rodriguez Releases 'My Crew'
- Anritsu Partners with COMINT Consulting to Add Signals Intelligence Capability to Field Master Pro™ MS2090A RTSA
- Syncro's Next-Gen MSP Platform Sees Massive Growth in 2020
- Extra/Ordinary Small Business Podcast Season 2 Launches with All-Star Lineup