May 29, 2020 -- Drivers traveling in the southern Upper Peninsula beginning June 1 can expect some delays. A high volume of large wind turbine components will be transported to the Garden Peninsula, potentially slowing traffic.
Under a permit from the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT), 210 large loads are expected to travel along the following routes from June 1 until the first week of July:
- US-41 from Menominee to Hyde,
Local roads between Hyde and Rapid River,
More on Michimich.com
- Consumers Energy Foundation Provides $135,000 to Michigan Nonprofits Through COVID-19 Pandemic
- 4e Brands North America Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Hand Sanitizer Due to Potential Presence of Undeclared Methanol (Wood Alcohol)
- Jurllyshe Back To School Outfits & Clothes Ideas 2020--Jumpsuits, Matching Sets, Dress etc
- Summer Heat Sparks Heavy "Stay at Home" Consumer Demand for Screen Mesh Shade Tarps
- Hillside Terrace Sponsors This Year's Big Hearts Annual Movie Event for The Fifth Year in a Row!
US-2 from Rapid River to Garden Corners, and
M-183 from US-2 south to Garden.
These moves are planned for Monday through Friday during daylight hours only. Moves will not be scheduled during inclement weather. The loads are expected to maintain a minimum speed of 45 mph on highways.
Crews may be working ahead of the loads to temporarily lift signals or wires along the route to prevent damage. They will be replaced after the transports are completed.
Pilot vehicles will be escorting the oversize loads and law enforcement may be assisting with traffic control during the operation. MDOT urges motorists in the area during the generator moves to drive cautiously and heed all directions from law enforcement and road escorts. This is particularly important in work zones and at intersections where the loads will be turning and moving at slower speeds.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Allen Maintenance Corporation Can Clean Your Office to Combat COVID-19
- Meijer Opens Five Supercenters in the Midwest
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner
- CIMdata to Host a Free Webinar on the Role of Data Governance in a Digital Transformation
- Archaeology, Israel, and Relationships Featured in Olga Sushinsky's Debut Novel FINDING MYSELF
- Civilized Demons and Hell Featured in Jon David's Debut Novel THE SAVAGE PEAK
- Axiros AXESS ACS Enables UK ISP, Origin Broadband, With TR-069 Device Management Solution
- Newest Analysis from ImmersivEdge Advisors Helps Investors Make the Right Moves in the Dynamic AR & Smartglasses Industry
- Wheaton Family Law Attorney - Tania K. Harvey Launches New Website | Wheaton IL Family Lawyers
- Americart 2019 Documentary Film about Art in America's Heartland now available on Amazon Prime Video
- Seismic Shift from New York to the Palm Beaches Signals Permanent Residency, Not Seasonal Vacation Homes
- Travel + Leisure Readers Give San Miguel De Allende a Reason to Celebrate as It Ranks In World's Best Awards
- CIMdata Publishes China PLM Market Report
- NS4ed Partners with MetaMetrics to Offer Quantile Measures and Career Database for new Career-Focused Algebra and Geometry Curricula
- Thiel College and local Veterans of Foreign Wars post to research connections to Camp Reynolds and World War II
- Lantek reinforces its southern European presence by adding a new distributor, AlfaSolid, in Greece and Cyprus
- JNESHIA Unveils New Single "KINGZ"
- WJ Castle Awarded Underwater Inspection Contract from PEPCO Holdings
- MLL Offering Guidance for Mandatory Testing
- Flint Group Sues Trend Offset Printing on Multiple Counts for Outstanding Debt and Confiscation of Consigned Good