- Michigan: Home Help Provider Charged with Medicaid Fraud
- MDARD, DNR stress biosecurity to help protect Michigan's rabbits and hares from fatal disease
- Michigan: Consumer Advisory: Rashi Al-Ref Tahini tests positive for Salmonella
Taxpayers who pay city of Detroit individual income taxes have until May 17 to file their returns or make payments, according to the Michigan Department of Treasury.
On April 22, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer signed a bi-partisan bill extending city income tax returns. This new law extends the filing deadline for individuals under the City Income Tax Act to match the federal filing deadline, meaning individuals who file a city of Detroit individual income tax return now have until May 17, 2021, to file without incurring penalty or interest.
Individuals who need additional time to file beyond May 17 can request a filing extension until Oct. 15. An extension of time to file does not extend the time to pay the tax.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan Attorney General, EGLE call out 3M attempt to gut PFAS in drinking water rules
- Michigan: AG Nessel Announces Genesee County Expungement Event
- Michigan: MDHHS updates testing requirements for long-term care facilitiesRoutine testing no longer required for fully vaccinated staff members
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Joins Series of Multistate Efforts
- Priority Health Allowing Deductible Transfers for Individuals Switching Insurers During Special Enrollment Period
For additional details, taxpayers are encouraged to read "Update: Notice on the Status of City of Detroit Individual Income Tax Due Date Extended to May 17."
State and federal individual income tax returns and payments are also due on May 17.
As a part of a partnership to help the city, the state Treasury Department has been processing city of Detroit individual income tax returns since the 2015 tax year.
To learn more about the city of Detroit income taxes, go to www.michigan.gov/citytax.
# # #
Press Contacts: Danelle Gittus or Ron Leix, Treasury Public Information Officers, at 517-335-2167
Latest on Michimich.com
- Michigan: AG Nessel Secures Win for Workers Alongside Several States
- Mobile Car Valet in South West London and Surrey
- The Rolls Royce Of Generator Pads
- Michigan: Traffic calming, pedestrian crossing upgrades coming to US-23 BR in Rogers City
- Michigan: Voter-Suppression Robocalls Case Heading to Trial
- Michigan: MDE Approves Second Program to Provide Alternative Route to Teacher Licensure
- Lerner Advertising To Receive Two Golden Gavel Awards
- Pear, Sperling, Eggan & Daniels, P.C. Helps Clients Pursue Claims for Unemployment Benefits
- Michigan: Fostering Futures Scholarship Application Period Now Open
- Sterling Heights: Great Gnome Hunt
- Michigan Sustainability Conference fosters community collaboration
- Michigan: EGLE announces date extension for grant application for electronics recycling
- Michigan: Former U.P. Attorney Pleads Guilty to Perjury
- Michigan: Falcons have success at International Bridge
- Michigan: Northbound I-75 lane closures near I-69 in Flint for maintenance May 8
- Gene Silvers Guest Stars In Apple TV Plus Drama 'The Mosquito Coast'
- The Benefits of a Collection Agency
- Major Broadcasters Launch NEXTGEN TV on Six Local Television Stations in Grand Rapids, MI
- Better Yourself With Japanese Iaido
- You Are The Brand: Sustainability From The Inside Out