December 9, 2019
LANSING – Michigan's parent-focused school data and information website – the Parent Dashboard for School Transparency – has reached a milestone. It has recorded its two-millionth page view, the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) announced today.
Developed jointly by MDE and the Center for Educational Performance and Information (CEPI), the planning, content, and design of the dashboard are based on significant parent feedback.
"The parent dashboard was designed for parents by the parents themselves," said State Superintendent Dr. Michael Rice. "It provides one easy online location to view school-level data and information that parents said are important to them. It's clear to see why the parent dashboard has been so successful."
Promoted and adopted by the State Board of Education, the parent dashboard was launched in January 2018. It offers families and the general public a complete picture of how their public schools are serving Michigan students.
More on Michimich.com
- Andrea LaFontaine Chosen As New Michigan Trails & Greenways Alliance Director
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Criticizes Proposal That Would Allow Predatory Lenders to Take Advantage of Consumers
- Michigan: Silver Lake Basin boating access site change proposed in Marquette County
- SAE J1939 to RS232 & USB Gateway With 9-Pin Deutsch Connection Cable
- Sterling Heights: Renovations
The dashboard allows deeper dives into the performance of various groups of students, by gender, race, subject, and services to students.
The parent dashboard includes information on:
- Student academic performance Student academic progress Graduation rate Advanced coursework (e.g. Advanced Placement, early middle college, International Baccalaureate (IB), dual enrollment, career/technical education, postsecondary enrollment) On-track student attendance English Learner progress Student participation on state tests Student/staff ratio Rate of teacher retention Non-instructional support staff serving students Postsecondary enrollment and completion of a district's graduates Individual district offerings and services
Other than the landing page for the dashboard, the highest-viewed pages are for the performance and progress metrics; the state overview; and the school services and offerings pages.
From the parent dashboard landing page, parents can search for specific school districts or buildings and get the information and data they want to see.
Latest on Michimich.com
- JFK Air Cargo EXPO 2020 Finalized
- 360 Show Time Launches Free Channels on RokuTV
- Michigan: Public meeting Feb. 4 to discuss I-496 reconstruction in Lansing
- Lightstone Solutions Announces 2020-2021 On-Site Tribal Gaming Commission Training Series
- Megha Dontha Narrates Audiobook Version of Best-Selling Startup Book 'The 60 Minute Startup'
- Michigan: Initial test results indicate no drinking water contamination, no southward migration of Electro-Plating contamination
- Michigan: MDHHS investigating possible cases of Novel Coronavirus 2019
- Michigan: Treasury: Business Taxpayers Have Easier Option for Filing Sales, Use and Withholding Tax Annual Returns
- BTI Completes OSHA 10 Training
- IAOP and The Rockefeller Foundation Announce Winners of 2020 Global Impact Sourcing Award
- Michigan: From Students to Stewards Initiative to promote water stewardship, education
- Michigan: AASA releases FY 2019 annual report
- Michigan: Pelosi, Schumer Announce Governor Gretchen Whitmer, Congresswoman Veronica Escobar to Deliver Democratic Response to President Trump's State of The Union
- Michigan AG Nessel Announces Lawsuit Over New Trump Administration Effort to Allow Release of 3D-Printed Guns
- Michigan: MRA Releases Bulletin Detailing Requirements for Temporary Marijuana Events
- Michigan: Former Jackson Investment Adviser Ordered to Pay Full Restitution to Elderly Victims' Family
- Daniel Imperato CEO of Octobotic Inc. Taps Vinod Sujan Fmr. Oracle Exec. & Aarzoo founder
- IAOP and HCL Announce Winners of the Red Ladder Women in Outsourcing Awards
- MiraMed Shares 2019 Circle of Warmth Success
- Axiros Solution Enables Electronic Frontier UK to Manage Multiple Client Devices and CPE in the Telco/ISP Market