- Michigan: Truck detour for M-30 bridge project at Tobacco River impacted by frost laws effective March 1
- Michigan: MSHDA Board approves more than $27 million for Howell-area affordable housing project
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Joins Coalition in Letter of Support to Congress for Election Reforms
Detroit, January 22, 2020 – At the stroke of noon, online gaming and sports betting begins today in Michigan through 10 operators approved earlier this week by the Michigan Gaming Control Board.
"Michigan now can offer legal, regulated online gaming and sports betting to residents and visitors," said Richard S. Kalm, MGCB executive director. "It's an exciting and much-anticipated day and will bring revenue to support education, tribal communities and the city of Detroit."
Michigan Sen. Curtis Hertel (D-East Lansing) places the ceremonial first wager at noon.
More on Michimich.com
- Michigan: DNR to offer Becoming an Outdoorswoman Instagram live events
- Michigan: I-75 lane and ramp closures begin Monday, March 8, in Oakland County
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport Celebrates Topping Off - Tucson's Newest Extended-Stay Hotel
- Truthset and the ANA AIMM Release First of its Kind Multicultural Online Data Benchmarks
- Julia Hair Tax Refund Season Flash Sale Week With Buy Now Pay Later
"It took years of work and significant contributions from several legislators, commercial casino and tribal leaders, industry experts, MGCB staff and others, but today I'd like to recognize Sen. Hertel for the key role he played in taking the idea from dream to reality," Kalm said. "His leadership on the 2019 bills made today's announcement possible, and his work on the recently signed legislation permitting multi-jurisdictional poker will allow poker players to compete against players in other states in the future. It's a fitting tribute to have Sen. Hertel launch this new era of gaming."
"The Michigan Gaming Control Board shall ensure the conduct of fair and honest gaming to protect the interests of the citizens of the State of Michigan."
Latest on Michimich.com
- myLAB Box Launches 16 New At-Home Tests, Offering Comprehensive Health Monitoring from the Comfort of Home
- Zilker Partners Acquires Growth Digital, Forming One-of-a-Kind Firm
- California Boating Supply Company Danik Hook Launches New Product for 2021
- Michigan: Indiana Man Charged with Homicide, Robbery, and Weapons Charges Targeting Members of the LBGTQ Community
- Whose Dreams Of Hell Are More Interesting, Politicians Or Popes?
- Tech Startup Mokusei Intelligence Announces the '$500 Press Challenge'
- Tech Startup to Offer Up To 100% Funding Aid to Individuals for Covering Their Education or Travel Expenses
- Michigan Expanding Access to Safe, Effective COVID-19 Vaccine Starting Monday
- Michigan: AG Nessel Opposes Proposal to Eliminate Immigration Programs That Promote Family Reunification
- Michigan: AG Nessel Joins Coalition Supporting Schools' Ability To Protect Students From Bullying
- Sandline Welcomes IT Veteran Ralf Kaiser as CTO
- SpartanNash Announces Greg Molloy to Fill VP, Environmental Health and Safety Role
- Sterling Heights: Building Reopened
- Michigan: MSU's Institute of Water Research chosen for economic study of groundwater contamination management
- Plymouth Terrace Independent Living is Designed with You in Mind
- Hillside Terrace Helps Families With Fall Prevention
- Save the Earth with Drinkmate CO2 Canisters
- ChartSpan Announces Partnership with Kentucky Hospital Association
- Mental Health Advocate Offers Hope to Millions with Book Detailing Trials and Triumphs on His Journey to Leading a Meaningful Life
- Integral Technologies, Inc. Provides Shareholder Update