- Michigan: Governor Whitmer Makes Appointments to Boards and Commissions
- Michigan: I-69 project in Clinton and Eaton counties begins the week of Aug. 2
- Michigan: COVID-19 cases connected with Faster Horses Festival; attendees who are not fully vaccinated urged to get tested
Notice of Public Meeting on July 26, 2021
Monday, July 26, 5:00 P.M.
This meeting will be held virtually.
Pursuant to the Michigan Open Meetings Act, as amended, the Michigan Civil Rights Commission will meet virtually using videoconferencing on Monday, July 26, 2021 at 5 P.M.
The Commission meeting may be viewed in the following manner:
Via Zoom: To participate online via Zoom, click this link below to join the webinar:
Attendee link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89331372480?pwd=VncxWTNkNkl0OFJrSkFJWGRmNmxQZz09
To join by phone: 888-808-6929
US Toll-free Conference code: 108652
Public Comment: To participate at the time of Public Comment, please raise your hand within the Zoom application.
Telephone participants: Raise your hand by pressing #2
Web participants: Raise your hand by clicking raise hand in the application or pressing
Windows computer = [ALT] + [Y]
Apple computers = [OPTION] + [Y]
To be consistent with how Public Comment is handled for in-person meetings:
All time limits set by the meeting Chair will still be enforced.
After the Chair ends submission of public comments, members of the public will not be able to speak at the meeting.
All interested persons are invited to be present and be heard as to their views.
Facebook: To view the meeting live on Facebook, go to: https://facebook.com/midcr
More on Michimich.com
- City of Sterling Heights announces new "Break-Free Blast" series of events for remainder of 2021
- Horizon Global to Present Virtually and Host Investor Meetings at Jefferies Virtual Industrials Conference August 4
- Vandi Lynnae Announces New Single 'Dancing Through The Rain'
- Banks Hardwoods Produces Educational Short Film for Hardwood Lumber Industry
- Michigan: US-41/M-28 signal work in Ishpeming next week
YouTube: To view the meeting live on YouTube, go to: https://bit.ly/3lIjOqg
Note on Public Comment: People viewing the meeting on Facebook or YouTube will not have the ability to take part in Public Comment period. If you wish to make a public comment, please join the meeting via Zoom or by telephone.
During the meeting, members of the news media only should direct questions to Vicki Levengood by email at email@example.com or by phone/text at 517-775-0558.
Those who need mobility, visual, hearing, foreign language, written and/or other assistance for effective participation may request an accommodation by calling 800-482-3604 or e-mail at MDCR-INFO@michigan.gov by Thursday, July 22, 2021. Requests received after that date cannot be guaranteed, but efforts will be made to provide the accommodation requested. ASL Interpreters have been secured for Deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals, and the meeting will be captioned.
I. CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL - Chair Stacie Clayton
II. APPROVAL OF MEETING AGENDA
III. OPENING MATTERS
A. Welcome - Chair Clayton
B. Public Comment Protocol - Deputy Director Engelman
IV. ADOPTION OF CONSENT AGENDA
The following items from the agenda have been identified as those that may not require Commission discussion prior to being adopted or received. Items may be removed from the consent agenda on the request of any Commission member. Items not removed will then be moved for adoption by general consent without debate.
More on Michimich.com
- Gov. Whitmer Signs Proclamation Marking July 28 - August 4 as Buy Michigan Week
- Summer conditions leading to algal blooms in canals, rivers around failed Mid-Michigan dams
- Michigan: Bridge demolition requires closing a portion of I-75 this weekend in Detroit
- Michigan: AG Nessel Issues Listing Scams Consumer Alert for Rental Assistance Day of Action
- Michigan: M-60 shoulder resurfacing east of Niles starts Monday
(VIII. DIVISION REPORTS)
1 *Public Affairs / Budget Report, Mary Engelman
2 *Legislative Affairs Report, Dan Levy
3 *Enforcement Division Report, Lori Vinson
4 *Office of Legal Affairs Report, Marcelina Trevino
5 *ADA Compliance Report, Kim Woolridge
6 *Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Report, Alfredo Hernandez
7 *Community Engagement Report, Anthony Lewis
8 *Division on Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of Hearing Report, Annie Urasky
9 *Reconsideration Report, David Stringer
V. APPROVAL OF MINUTES (MOTION)
Meeting Minutes from May 24, 2021 Regular Meeting
Meeting Minutes from June 28, 2021 Special Meeting
VI. GUEST PRESENTATIONS
A. 31st Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act - Kimberly Woolridge , MDCR
B. Special Recognition of Michigan Civil Rights Icon Myrtle Gregg-LaFay - MCRC
C. ADA Stories Project- Tobi Voigt, State of Michigan History Center, DNR
D. Good Access is Good Business - Brant Wimbush, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services & Christopher Samp, City of Detroit Department of Civil Rights, Inclusion & Opportunity
VII. PUBLIC COMMENT
VIII. DIVISION AND OTHER REPORTS
A. Interim Executive Director/Legislative Liaison Report, John Johnson, Jr.
B. Community Outreach, Anthony Lewis
C. Attorney General Report, David Cannon
IX. COMMISSION BUSINESS
A. Education Equity Committee Report (Voting Item)
B. Administrative Rules Committee Report (Voting Item)
C. Personnel Committee Report (Voting Item)
X. NEW BUSINESS
XI. COMMISSIONER CLOSING COMMENTS
Latest on Michimich.com
- Horizon Global Announces Date for Second Quarter 2021 Results Conference Call
- Michigan: Homeowner Assistance Fund, Single-Family Mortgage Revenue Bonds Receive MSHDA Board Approval
- MPSC approves natural gas pipeline project that will improve reliability for customers in northern Michigan
- Michigan: Stoplog failure alters water levels at White Cloud Dam
- Michigan: Governor Whitmer Announces Support for Ford's Global Battery Center of Excellence in Romulus
- Michigan: Consent Judgment Reached with Executive Car Rental after Alleged Breach of Agreement
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Announces New Grocery Store in North Flint to Provide Healthy Food Options to Area Residents, Create Economic Growth
- Michigan Avenue bridge repairs over Portage Creek start Monday in downtown Kalamazoo
- Michigan: Stay safe this summer: tips for identifying and avoiding harmful algal blooms
- Lots of Tails Waggin' in Kansas City's West Bottoms First Friday Weekend
- Michigan Civil Rights Commission Appoints Atty. John E. Johnson, Jr. Executive Director of the Michigan Department of Civil Rights
- Financial Services and Retirement Planning Expert and Former CEO of VALIC Financial Advisors Joins CEO Coaching International®
- 'APX by Terri Ross' Announces New Director of Client Success
- Vancouver Business owner, John Edwards' Book, "Despite Me; Discover a Proven Pathway to a Life of Passion and Purpose," Nominated for Global Award
- SHELBY TWP Resident, DANIELLE BERNOCK's Book, "EMERGING WITH WINGS," nominated for Global Award
- Galaxy Diagnostics Launches Broadest IFA Serology Panel Available for Bartonella Infection
- Omnific Publishing Announces Acquisition of The Bachelor Diaries Series by Leigh Wyndfield
- CIMdata to Host Free Webinar on Systems Modeling and Simulation
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of Richard Rodriquez, #139690
- Michigan: A public hearing to consider the possible parole of Don Adams, #131431