November 1, 2019
LANSING – As part of the State 2019-20 School Aid appropriations (PA 58 of 2019 Sec. 35a), the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) is charged with publishing the Research-based Effective Literacy Instruction Professional Learning List. The list will include research-based effective literacy instructional professional learning to provide schools/districts with a choice of professional learning that adequately enhances teacher quality and is a major vehicle that schools/districts can utilize to upgrade their capacity as it relates to the implementation of research-based literacy instruction.
To prepare for the 2019-2020 school year, the Department is seeking information from vendors, researchers, research centers, colleges and universities, educational organizations as well as intermediate school districts and regional service agencies, that wish to submit early literacy professional learning for consideration.
More on Michimich.com
- MC Companies Announced As 2020 Top Company To Work Multifamily
- Michigan: EGLE's Know It Before You Throw It named Recycling Campaign of the Year by Waste Dive
- Michigan's Parent Dashboard Hits An Impressive Milestone
- Allen Maintenance Corporation Is Your Office Cleaning Needs Specialist
- Michigan: M-24/Turrill Road signal in Lapeer to begin flash mode by Dec. 12
The application includes criteria, documentation required in addition to the application to be considered for inclusion on the list, and the rubrics that will be used by the Department to determine eligibility. The application can be found on MDE's Early Literacy Grant's page.
The application submission window will be open from November 1, 2019 until November 15, 2019, 4:00 PM. Any applications and supporting documentation not submitted within that window will not be considered for approval for the 2019-2020 academic year. Entities wishing to submit more than one professional learning resource must complete a separate application for each one.
The Research-based Effective Literacy Instruction Professional Learning List will be published by December 1, 2019 and can be found on MDE's Literacy page.
Latest on Michimich.com
- SciTech to Present at Biotech Showcase 2020 in San Francisco
- Ottawa-based Business to Create Car Accident Reduction Technology
- Michigan: Testing affirms below-background radiation levels at site of Detroit River materials collapse
- BetterInvesting Magazine Releases February Stock To Study And Undervalued Stock Choices For Investors' Informational And Educational Use
- Michigan: MPSC accepts parts of Upper Peninsula Power Co.'s integrated resource plan, recommends changes
- Michigan: MPSC approves $19.9M rate increase for SEMCO Energy Gas Co.
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Lowers Flags in Observance of Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
- Michigan: MI AG Nessel Charges Former Credit Union Teller with Embezzlement from Elderly Customer
- More than 11,000 blind, visually impaired Michiganders receive services over 50-year span
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer Files Brief in Supreme Court Regarding State Funding of Nonpublic Schools
- Michigan: Community Engagement Advisory Committee for Benton Harbor Area Schools Holding Outreach Meetings
- Gov. Gretchen Whitmer announces new initiative aimed at job training for Michigan vets during two-day Silicon Valley mission
- Michigan: Marijuana Regulatory Agency to Hold Public Meeting in Flint on Monday
- Michigan: Roundabout at Blair Townhall Road added to 2021 M-37 center left-turn lane project
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Synlio on Sale to Boston-Based Building Engines
- Sprawling New Novel, WE OF THE FORSAKEN WORLD, Tackles Themes of Global Connection
- QuiAri Promotes Brad Stewart To Director Of Field Development
- Pilot Trading Expands Its Suite of Broker Integrations by going Live with TradeStation
- Debut Author Karen Wolff's THE GREEN YEARS Is a Compelling Post-WWI Coming-of-age Story
- Right Cars Vehicle Rental announce the appointment of Alison Lee as Customer Service Director