November 1, 2019
LANSING – As part of the State 2019-20 School Aid appropriations (PA 58 of 2019 Sec. 35a), the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) is charged with publishing the Research-based Effective Literacy Instruction Professional Learning List. The list will include research-based effective literacy instructional professional learning to provide schools/districts with a choice of professional learning that adequately enhances teacher quality and is a major vehicle that schools/districts can utilize to upgrade their capacity as it relates to the implementation of research-based literacy instruction.
To prepare for the 2019-2020 school year, the Department is seeking information from vendors, researchers, research centers, colleges and universities, educational organizations as well as intermediate school districts and regional service agencies, that wish to submit early literacy professional learning for consideration.
More on Michimich.com
- Consumers Energy Foundation Provides $135,000 to Michigan Nonprofits Through COVID-19 Pandemic
- 4e Brands North America Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Hand Sanitizer Due to Potential Presence of Undeclared Methanol (Wood Alcohol)
- Jurllyshe Back To School Outfits & Clothes Ideas 2020--Jumpsuits, Matching Sets, Dress etc
- Summer Heat Sparks Heavy "Stay at Home" Consumer Demand for Screen Mesh Shade Tarps
- Hillside Terrace Sponsors This Year's Big Hearts Annual Movie Event for The Fifth Year in a Row!
The application includes criteria, documentation required in addition to the application to be considered for inclusion on the list, and the rubrics that will be used by the Department to determine eligibility. The application can be found on MDE's Early Literacy Grant's page.
The application submission window will be open from November 1, 2019 until November 15, 2019, 4:00 PM. Any applications and supporting documentation not submitted within that window will not be considered for approval for the 2019-2020 academic year. Entities wishing to submit more than one professional learning resource must complete a separate application for each one.
The Research-based Effective Literacy Instruction Professional Learning List will be published by December 1, 2019 and can be found on MDE's Literacy page.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Allen Maintenance Corporation Can Clean Your Office to Combat COVID-19
- Meijer Opens Five Supercenters in the Midwest
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner
- CIMdata to Host a Free Webinar on the Role of Data Governance in a Digital Transformation
- Archaeology, Israel, and Relationships Featured in Olga Sushinsky's Debut Novel FINDING MYSELF
- Civilized Demons and Hell Featured in Jon David's Debut Novel THE SAVAGE PEAK
- Axiros AXESS ACS Enables UK ISP, Origin Broadband, With TR-069 Device Management Solution
- Newest Analysis from ImmersivEdge Advisors Helps Investors Make the Right Moves in the Dynamic AR & Smartglasses Industry
- Wheaton Family Law Attorney - Tania K. Harvey Launches New Website | Wheaton IL Family Lawyers
- Americart 2019 Documentary Film about Art in America's Heartland now available on Amazon Prime Video
- Seismic Shift from New York to the Palm Beaches Signals Permanent Residency, Not Seasonal Vacation Homes
- Travel + Leisure Readers Give San Miguel De Allende a Reason to Celebrate as It Ranks In World's Best Awards
- CIMdata Publishes China PLM Market Report
- NS4ed Partners with MetaMetrics to Offer Quantile Measures and Career Database for new Career-Focused Algebra and Geometry Curricula
- Thiel College and local Veterans of Foreign Wars post to research connections to Camp Reynolds and World War II
- Lantek reinforces its southern European presence by adding a new distributor, AlfaSolid, in Greece and Cyprus
- JNESHIA Unveils New Single "KINGZ"
- WJ Castle Awarded Underwater Inspection Contract from PEPCO Holdings
- MLL Offering Guidance for Mandatory Testing
- Flint Group Sues Trend Offset Printing on Multiple Counts for Outstanding Debt and Confiscation of Consigned Good