December 3, 2019
LANSING—Former Livingston County 53rd District Court Judge Theresa Brennan pleaded guilty this afternoon to a charge of Perjury, a 15-year felony, Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel announced today. Two other lesser charges against Brennan – Misconduct in Office and Tampering with Evidence – were dropped.
Brennan faces a maximum sentence of 15 years in prison by pleading guilty to the most serious charge against her. In addition, her guilty plea will require her to notify the Michigan Attorney Grievance Commission of her criminal conviction, which may lead to future licensing sanctions, including the possibility of disbarment, against the embattled former judge.
More on Michimich.com
- Octobotic Corp announces Brian Sucher CFO Service,RRBB CPA ,Ross Carmel ESQ,Ahead of GCC
- Andrea LaFontaine Chosen As New Michigan Trails & Greenways Alliance Director
- Michigan: Attorney General Nessel Criticizes Proposal That Would Allow Predatory Lenders to Take Advantage of Consumers
- Michigan: Silver Lake Basin boating access site change proposed in Marquette County
- SAE J1939 to RS232 & USB Gateway With 9-Pin Deutsch Connection Cable
Brennan was removed from office in June and prohibited from seeking the same office for six years by the Michigan Supreme Court following formal charges of judicial misconduct were filed and heard by the Michigan Judicial Tenure Commission.
"This defendant violated the very tenets we as a society hold dear: truth, honor and justice," Nessel said. "She made a mockery of her oath of office and undermined the integrity of the bench. I am confident Judge Cusick will sentence her appropriately."
Third Circuit Court Judge Paul Cusick was assigned to oversee the criminal case against Brennan, after all Livingston County judges recused themselves from hearing the matter. Sentencing is scheduled before Judge Cusick at 2:00 PM January 17, 2020.
Latest on Michimich.com
- PhaseZero CxCommerce™ Platform Named Top 10 Technology Solution Provider by Retail CIO Outlook Magazine
- JFK Air Cargo EXPO 2020 Finalized
- 360 Show Time Launches Free Channels on RokuTV
- Michigan: Public meeting Feb. 4 to discuss I-496 reconstruction in Lansing
- Lightstone Solutions Announces 2020-2021 On-Site Tribal Gaming Commission Training Series
- Megha Dontha Narrates Audiobook Version of Best-Selling Startup Book 'The 60 Minute Startup'
- Michigan: Initial test results indicate no drinking water contamination, no southward migration of Electro-Plating contamination
- Michigan: MDHHS investigating possible cases of Novel Coronavirus 2019
- Michigan: Treasury: Business Taxpayers Have Easier Option for Filing Sales, Use and Withholding Tax Annual Returns
- BTI Completes OSHA 10 Training
- IAOP and The Rockefeller Foundation Announce Winners of 2020 Global Impact Sourcing Award
- Michigan: From Students to Stewards Initiative to promote water stewardship, education
- Michigan: AASA releases FY 2019 annual report
- Michigan: Pelosi, Schumer Announce Governor Gretchen Whitmer, Congresswoman Veronica Escobar to Deliver Democratic Response to President Trump's State of The Union
- Michigan AG Nessel Announces Lawsuit Over New Trump Administration Effort to Allow Release of 3D-Printed Guns
- Michigan: MRA Releases Bulletin Detailing Requirements for Temporary Marijuana Events
- Michigan: Former Jackson Investment Adviser Ordered to Pay Full Restitution to Elderly Victims' Family
- Daniel Imperato CEO of Octobotic Inc. Taps Vinod Sujan Fmr. Oracle Exec. & Aarzoo founder
- IAOP and HCL Announce Winners of the Red Ladder Women in Outsourcing Awards
- MiraMed Shares 2019 Circle of Warmth Success