- Michigan: AG Nessel, Kalamazoo Prosecutor Getting Announce Sentencing in Sexual Assault Cold Cases
- Online gaming and sports betting are now live in Michigan as Sen. Hertel places first wager
- Michigan: First Circuit Court of Appeals Decision Saves Millions in Annual Funding for Schools, First Responders
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan residents the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities. One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management.
With COVID-19 public health and safety in mind, most upcoming meetings have been changed to virtual meetings or conference calls. Frequently check the DNR boards, commissions, committees and councils webpage for updates.
The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find specific virtual and teleconference meeting information and, when finalized, meeting agendas. Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details and agendas may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Accessibility Advisory Council – Dec. 8, 9 a.m., virtual/conference call (Contact: Yolanda Taylor, 517-284-5946)
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – Dec. 17, 9 a.m., virtual (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6136)
- Eastern Upper Peninsula Citizens' Advisory Council – Dec. 16, 6 p.m. EDT, virtual (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331)
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission – Dec. 10, 9 a.m., virtual (Contact: Cheryl Nelson, 517-284-6237)
- Michigan Natural Resource Trust Fund Board – Dec. 2, 9 a.m., virtual/conference call (Contact: Jon Mayes, 517-284-5954)
- Michigan State Parks Advisory Committee – Dec. 8, 2 p.m., conference call (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6136)
- Michigan State Waterways Commission – Dec. 4, 10:45 a.m., virtual (Contact: Michelle Wieber, 517-285-0747)
- Michigan Underwater Salvage and Preserve Committee – Dec. 2, 1 p.m., virtual (Contact: Sheri Giffin, 517-335-2591)
- Michigan Wildlife Council – Dec. 11, 10 a.m., virtual/conference call (Contact: Pam Vance, 517-242-8693)
- Northern Lakes Citizens Advisory Committee – Dec. 16, 2 to 4 p.m., virtual/Q-and-A session (Contact: Tim Cwalinski, 231-340-0276, for meeting details and premeeting information materials)
- Snowmobile Advisory Workgroup – Dec. 3, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., virtual/conference call (Contact: Jessica Holley, 517-331-3790)
- U.P. Habitat Workgroup – Dec. 9, 9 a.m. to noon, virtual (Contact: Sarah Janda, 906-226-1332)
- Warmwater Resources Steering Committee – Dec. 15, 1 p.m., virtual (Contact: Seth Herbst, 517-388-7759)
Upcoming opportunities to serve
- Equine Trails Subcommittee, an advisory group providing guidance and recommendations on a statewide network of pack and saddle trails, has an open seat for the northern Lower Peninsula. Send letter of interest and resume to DNR-Trails@Michigan.gov by Dec. 18. For more information, contact Anna Centofanti at 517-331-6219.
- Michigan Freedom Trail Commission is seeking candidates to fill four vacant seats available in February. Candidates must have knowledge of historic preservation and active involvement in civil rights, and must be academic-community knowledgeable in African-American history. Applications must be submitted by early December. Contact Sheri Giffin at 517-335-2591 for more information or apply here.
- Michigan State Waterways Commission (https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-350-79137_79763_79917---,00.html) is seeking a candidate to fill a vacant seat. It's the commission's goal to establish a new member, who will represent the general public, before its Dec. 4 meeting. For more information, call or email Michelle Wieber (mailto:email@example.com) at 517-285-0747, or apply here (https://somgovweb.state.mi.us/GovernorsBoard/Instructions.aspx).
- Michigan Trails Advisory Council (https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-350-79137_79763_79907---,00.html), which advises the DNR and the governor's office on the creation, development, operation and maintenance of motorized and nonmotorized trails (including snowmobile, biking, equestrian, hiking, off-road vehicle and skiing) is accepting applications. Send letter of interest and resume to DNR-Trails@Michigan.gov by Dec. 18. For more information, contact Anna Centofanti (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) at 517-331-6219.
- Snowmobile Advisory Workgroup (https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-350-79137_79763_79907_85198---,00.html) advises the DNR on the creation, development, operation and maintenance of the state's designated snowmobile trail system. Send letter of interest and resume to DNR-Trails@michigan.gov by Dec. 18. For more information, contact Anna Centofanti (mailto:email@example.com) at 517-331-6219.
Latest on Michimich.com
- Three northern Michigan men arraigned in 2019 Pigeon River Country elk poaching case
- Michigan: Elder Abuse Task Force Announces New Online Trainings on the Signs of Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer announces transportation economic development grant that will improve E. Main Street in the city of Milan
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer, MDHHS highlight state's successes in helping families gain greater access to food; Priority becomes even more important due to COVID-19
- MC Companies and Move For Hunger Announce Collaborative Effort to Fight Hunger Nationwide
- Public can comment on Michigan Dam Safety Task Force draft recommendations at online meeting Wednesday
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer announces transportation economic development grant that will improve Three Mile Road in the city of Sault Ste. Marie
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer announces transportation economic development grant that will improve Miller Road in the city of Kalamazoo
- Gov. Whitmer announces transportation economic development grant that will improve N. Michigan Avenue in Saginaw County's Carrollton Township
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer announces transportation economic development grant that will improve Rickett Road in the city of Brighton
- Michigan: MSHDA Board approves resolutions for two affordable housing developments
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer announces transportation economic development grant that will improve S. Kalamazoo Avenue in the city of Marshall
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer announces transportation economic development grant that will improve E. Breitung Avenue in Dickinson County
- Michigan: Gov. Whitmer announces transportation economic development grant that will improve Maple Street in the city of Big Rapids
- Peninsula Fiber Network Announces Leadership Succession Plan
- Simply The Best Digital To Provide Digital Marketing Services to Urgent Home Care - Palm Beach's Leading Home Health Service
- 1-800-PACK-RAT Acquires Storage Squad, a Leader in the Student Storage Industry
- White Palms Fire Equipment Doubles Down on Online Presence By Hiring Leading Digital Marketing Company, Simply the Best Digital
- Goldfish Swim School Reflects on Historic Year While Expanding with Single & Multi-Unit Partners in 2021
- Consumers Energy Provides $3 Million to Help Michigan Residents with Energy Bills