September 19, 2019
Beginning today, Michiganders can download a free mobile app that allows users to follow the MSP post that covers their area to receive breaking news and information. The app, called MSP Mobile, is available for download in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store by searching for "Michigan State Police."
With 30 MSP posts statewide, MSP Mobile was designed to allow users to follow the post that serves their community or any post of their choosing. Users can opt to receive push notifications that will instantly alert them to traffic crashes, arrests, criminal investigations, community events and other education and prevention information.
Notably, the app also allows users to submit crime tips direct to the MSP, allowing for the easy upload of photos or video to support the tip.
More on Michimich.com
- MI Symptoms Web Application Helps Michiganders Track Symptoms; Informs Reopening Strategy
- Michigan regional jobless rates surge in April with COVID-19 pandemic
- Michigan: Lawmakers Sponsor Upcoming Auto Insurance Town Halls
- STARK Industries, LLC Awarded NASA JPL - VITAL Ventilator Manufacturing License to Combat the Global COVID-19 Crisis
- Proposed 2020-21 Sterling Heights Budget Funds Critical Needs with No Tax Increase
Other key features of MSP Mobile include:
- Profiles of Michigan's most wanted fugitives Search the Michigan Public Sex Offender Registry Help solve cold cases Contact information and driving directions for MSP posts and districts statewide in a format that is GPS-enabled and sortable by city/address
"It's our goal to make connecting with the MSP as easy as possible," said Col. Joe Gasper, director of the MSP. "This new app puts important public safety information literally in your hand and allows each user to customize their experience and interaction."
To view a video tutorial of the features of MSP Mobile, go to www.michigan.gov/MSPmobile.
In addition to MSP Mobile, the MSP maintains a variety of social media accounts. Visit www.michigan.gov/MSPconnect to find all the ways you can connect with us online.
Latest on Michimich.com
- 626 acquires the assets of Innovatus CR and DR Business. The World Slows Down. We Move Faster
- R+M Development Closes on Refinance of Student Housing Project Amidst Pandemic
- Teenage mariachi ensemble records album during pandemic, keeping social distancing guidelines
- FOURMIDABLE Again Recognized on 'Affordable 100' List
- Getman Takes his Popular Book Fairs into the Virtual World Transforming the Way Buyers Meet Sellers of Rare Books, Maps, Prints and Ephemera
- Flagstar Changes 2020 Annual Shareholder Meeting to Virtual Attendance
- Teleroute, Part of Alpega Group, launches an API Interface and a new Mobile App to help their growing number of customers work even more efficiently
- Michigan: 2020 Bay Region Flooding - Map with Photos
- Michigan Will Add Online Purchasing, Free "Quarantine Care Kits"; Additional supports provided for people who need to stay home
- Space Cadet Launches A Flower Sniffer's Book Of Paper Craft to Ward off Boredom Better Than Binging TV
- Michigan: State leaders urge residents with water bill payment concerns to contact local water departments and state assistance programs
- Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services Offers Insurance Tips to Michigan Residents Following Mid-Michigan Flooding
- Michigan: Regulated utilities extend protections, assistance for vulnerable households to June 12
- Sterling Heights: Summer Reading
- Gauging Your Aging Parent's Safe Driving Abilities After The Holiday Weekend Reunion
- Launching OneQuantum LLC the Quantum Tech startup community
- OrPro Therapeutics Advances a New Inhalation Treatment Approach for COVID-19
- Michigan: M-40 resurfacing begins Monday at the Van Buren/Allegan county line
- Health Insurance Enrollment Deadlines Approaching for Michiganders who Lost Job or Experienced a Drop in Income
- Michigan: Secretary of State branch offices to reopen June 1 by appointment only